Any players with clammy/sweaty hands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Whenever I'm nervous playing, I often get really cold hands... I'm talking freezing... Does anyone else have that?
    You're in good company... Ronnie usually has a hot mug of water to keep his hands warm.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I had the same problem when I was younger and I too used talc ..today 40 yrs on I don’t sweat the same ..I would remove all the varnish from your cue and then use a light oil to get a smooth finish ..if it still drags you could try a glove or stick with the talc

Comment

If your using talc, I'd suggest trying a glove. Talc + sweat = a grimy mess. A few guys in my club use a glove, and don't get any grief for it. I have a glove for when it's really hot and clammy, just got to own it and style it out. Unless you adorn it with rhinestones, no one will bat an eyelid.

Comment

I use a glove even though I don't suffer from sweaty hands, frictionless cueing and the shaft doesn't get dirty either. The sniggers disappear once you start potting.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

You're in good company... Ronnie usually has a hot mug of water to keep his hands warm.
            It's a pity it doesn't translate to having a similar technique!

If your hands are clammy, it really is as simple as just taking the time to wash and dry them. Some venues are more humid than others and means you'll need to do this a few times over a few frames, but coupled with basic cue care, that's the answer.

I can hear the argument for wearing a glove but it's not for everyone.

Comment

If a clean cue doesn't solve your problem, you can try the tubular finger bandages, one on bridge hand thumb and index finger. Will solve your problem completely.
              If you can't find them, just use a roll of plaster. Same material.
              It is flesh coloured so you don't have to look like Michael if you prefer not to.

Comment

A lot of pool players here in SoCal wear gloves and it's pretty common. I have one and I start matches without sometimes but then my cue does not run smoothly thru my bridge so I have to use the glove.

Comment

If you buy a glove, remember to get a lefthanded, if you are lefthanded. Just sayin as my righthanded glove doesn´t really fit me :-) Luckily for me it´s very rarely that I need it.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

I always take a damp face cloth and dry towel for inbetween frames. Always give it just a little wipe down and then my hands too. Never have any bother!

Comment

I don't think that you have said what cue you are using.

If it is an unvarnished ash cue, then wipe it down with a damp cloth (I use a corner of my shirt, which is not only convenient but more effective than anything else I have tried) and then immediately dry it off. Keep the shaft in good knick using a proper cue oil (you can just buy linseed oil, but if you get the wrong type you will regret it). As others have said, frequent hand washing - and drying - might be essential.

If is an unvarnished maple shaft, similar but keep it in good condition by using bowling alley wax.

If it is a varnished shaft, then give it a light sanding, a good rub down and then throw it away.

Comment

Working...
                      X