Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get the best performance out of my table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    I just have a block of oak about the size of a brick. It is an excellent napping block.
    Just the oak? No cloth wrapped round?

Comment

I apologise if that was unclear. I wrap cloth around the oak.

Some people use a piece of Flotex® on a wooden block I should think that that would work well.

A piece of bannister type architrave would be good as there would be the groove to accommodate the fingers of the user. That would be especially good in a dense hardwood as the weight is useful.
      王可

Comment

Yeah, I think a homemade jobbie will suffice. Not spending unnecessary money on something I can make myself!

Comment

My friend has a Supreme table an he uses Hainsworth Precision. An he loves the cloth very fast an responsive. (Iv had Strachan 6811 an currently have Hainsworth smart on my snooker table an must say Hainsworth is a far superior cloth imo.) Also I've installed 2 tubular heaters to my friends Supreme inside the table an he hasn't had any issues with slate warping or melting the rails. Putting the heaters on 2/3 hrs is plenty for a session of pool. But he has told me it has greatly increased the speed of the table when he put heaters on for two Hrs. It really is how u install the heaters that makes the difference. An also it keeps the table from getting damp. As that's is a big issue if table is not in use all the time or if room not kept heated every day.O if u do install heaters have a few pilot holes put in as well for small bit of ventilation. Hope this information helps as I did table over a year ago an my friend has no issues an loves the outcome of the heaters.

Comment

Are the heaters on two to three hours everyday when it's cold or just the days he wants to play on it?

Comment

Originally Posted by truetwitch View Post
              Are the heaters on two to three hours everyday when it's cold or just the days he wants to play on it?
              My thermostat heater are controlled that are heated all day where if it drops under a certain temp it will kick in again.

Good Insulation, a thermostat heater & a decent dehumidifier you'll be absolutely fine.

Comment

He has told me table heaters only go on for 2hrs when he plays as there is no point in putting them on unless u going to play on table. Also try an have room at room temperature as it's more comfortable playing pool in that condition than room bring to cold or to hot. Also don't need to heat room unless u going to play. He has sometimes not used room for few weeks an when he puts on heat after a while table plays like a dream. Maybe try an put in a stove if possible great way to heat room an keep heating cost down. But most importantly keep table covered when not in use.

Comment

Working...
                X