David Bowen Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by GasMonkey View Post
    It’s nice he’s using expensive raw materials assuming quality = price. In my industry you tend the find the people who advertise using the most expensive/alleged best components/materials are either very good all round (minority) or nobs whose work quality is trash and they use the premium stuff to distract from it (majority).

I tend the judge cue makers on their alteration work, consistency and turnaround times. Communication is another big factor hence I could never deal with Trevor White or Parris on a custom order. Andy Travis and Jason Owen Rick all those boxes for me. Hopefully David Bowen can prove himself in the same vein as them. Having another good cue maker in the mid-upper market would be great.

I hope so . his work looks very nice , tbh .
    Can'nt Judge the playability , I never tried one of his cues and each cue is diff .
    It's the first time i hear about him .

Comment

See one of his cues was £1050, Block work cue that looked nice, but nothing too special and trying to compete with Parris, Coutts and Wooldridge price brackets is a mistake for a new on the scene cue maker. Bit disrespecful I think.
      Also agree that adding BS to the descriptions is sounding like hes bigging up something its not. A jet black smooth north indian gabon ebony butt with a long growth 112 yr old matured 28 day hungarian ash shaft and exhibition grade 4 shade african thuya burr splice, is a cue! Let the reputation talk like many others do.

Comment

Nothing wrong with selling ones own brand.
        It's his work, his cue line and his blood sweat and tears... he is king of all he owns!
        And more power to him...
        It's up to you, me and others to decide whether Or not we want to invest in his products.
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Homer View Post
          See one of his cues was £1050, Block work cue that looked nice, but nothing too special and trying to compete with Parris, Coutts and Wooldridge price brackets is a mistake for a new on the scene cue maker. Bit disrespecful I think.
          Also agree that adding BS to the descriptions is sounding like hes bigging up something its not. A jet black smooth north indian gabon ebony butt with a long growth 112 yr old matured 28 day hungarian ash shaft and exhibition grade 4 shade african thuya burr splice, is a cue! Let the reputation talk like many others do.
          If he truly believes his work is a good as the others you mention then why undersell himself?
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Nice looking cues but i'm not a fan of how long the "crossover" section is on his 3/4 designs, makes the splice fingers look very short.

Comment

Working...
            X