Dominant eye and contact lenses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominant eye and contact lenses.

anyone tried this, just seems a little too obvious, what am I missing, I realize the lens increases might not be perfect but pretty close surely...?

Just in case my question isn't obvious I'm talking about the desire for symmetrical chin placement

I'm still in the dark.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      I'm still in the dark.
      your not the only one?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        I'm still in the dark.
        Sorry for being thick,is that just a joke or is my post unclear. I read it as "Me also" then my paranoia at expressing myself badly set in...

Comment

Originally Posted by andy 7671 View Post
          Sorry for being thick,is that just a joke or is my post unclear. I read it as "Me also" then my paranoia at expressing myself badly set in...
          your post is unclear

"eye dominance" is due to the brain's preference and nothing to do with any corrective prescription.

do you mean to cue directly under your chin (I think that is what you mean) by symmetrical chin placement
          Last edited by DeanH; 14 January 2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy 7671 View Post
            A bit of both really, not calling anyone thick or anything. I just think the dominant eye thing is fairly unimportant. People seem to put too much thought into things that don't need it (your brain will do the dominant eye thing for you) and not enough into the parts that do. I'm as guilty as anyone though, spend all my time thinking about my technique and consistently pick the wrong shot.

Comment

So..if the brain does this why do people cue under one eye...?

I mean thats a theoretical question really isn't it, oh I don't know, I'm confused again, theres enough about this, either snooker ,shooting, expect theres more to read up on, I'll come back later when I understand it more. I just keep comparing different ball sports, for example the classic stance when batting in cricket is eyes level, yet I saw Neil Robertsons' head almost at 45 degrees, I guess, like you say his brain makes allowances and adjusts, I'm just thinking, now I'm older , more patient, less of a poseur that repetition equals consistency equals success...

Comment

again, the dominant eye is NOT necessarily the one the player cues under

Robertson is left handed but cues under his right eye so his head is all over the place - don't know his dominant eye - it may be the right, it could be the left -but this way HE plays because he is used to it and is comfortable (and seems to have done reasonably well out of the game); if he tries to change this to be more square on or more "by the book" he will probably ruin his game!

Why do they do players do this and any combination you can think of? ... because that it how they started to play and how are comfortable playing; and the way they pot balls.

Don't think about this too much; just play as you are comfortable and play how you pot the most balls; then forget everything about dominant eye and just enjoy playing the game

Comment

I'm sorry, I know you are right in reality but I'm waiting to get my cue repaired, (as well as my eyes..) waiting for my next contract to start, so I cant afford to play at present just analyzing in front of computer.

My aim is 100 in line up by end of year, havent played for 10 years so muscle memory is weak and want a groved textbook action , only positive thing I can do at present.

Best not tell you I'm preparing to hang a plumb bob from top of elbow, through grip to middle toe then...?

Back later, she wants F/B

Comment

Working...
                  X