Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning / Shining my ferrule

Hi
    How do you keep your ferrule clean and tidy? Mines a little dirty but I don't want to rub it with anything to abrasive in case I catch the wood. Any advice?

Originally Posted by bluechilli View Post
    Hi
    How do you keep your ferrule clean and tidy? Mines a little dirty but I don't want to rub it with anything to abrasive in case I catch the wood. Any advice?
    Duraglit is great.

Comment

Never heard of it ��

Comment

Originally Posted by bluechilli View Post
        Never heard of it ��
        Brasso/duraglit. Same kind of thing.

Comes in a tin. Impregnated rag type of thing.

Comment

To be honest most of the time I give mine a polish with super fine steel wool (0000 grade) and it comes up a treat. Other members have various other methods which a quick search should bring up.

Comment

I just leave mine alone. If I can't wipe it off with a cloth, it stays there.

Comment

0000 wire wool here as well. Or a high grit sandpaper, probably 600+

Comment

Off to get some 0000 steel wool tomorrow

Comment

If your worried about the shaft below the ferrule then just whack a wrap of masking tape below it.
                  VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                  Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                  Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                  Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

meguairs car wax polish. tape below the ferrule to protect the wood and rub half a match head of the wax on the ferrule and then leave to dry for 20 min
                    Tissue and wipe of and u have a ferrule looking like brand new

Comment

Lots of ideas, thanks guys

Comment

Top Tip
                        Put the sticky tape on your trousers first to make it a little less sticky, I found that regular masking tape took out a bit of the grain filler.

Comment

3000grit paper or a crisp £20 note does a good job also without risk of damage to cue.

Comment

Rub with the back of wet & dry(1200+) paper. Won't risk scratching ferrule, less risk of marking shaft.

Comment

Personally I use either 2000 wet and dry paper or 00-00 wire wool none of which will damage the cue if your careful and don't rub stupid hard 👍

Comment

Working...
                              X