Tweeten tenon cutter setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweeten tenon cutter setup

I have managed to get hold of one these 2nd hand but it has been dismantled. Could anyone who has one setup and working either post a picture of it or pm me with one? Thanks

Dw now, I've figured it out and it works a treat

Comment

Any chance of seeing it in action RB, I love to see things like this at work.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Any chance of seeing it in action RB, I love to see things like this at work.
        I'll see if i can put together a little vid, with it doing its thing on a sh*t shaft i have lying about

Comment

Tweeten tenon cutter setup

Where did u get it 2nd hand mate looking one myself

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
            Where did u get it 2nd hand mate looking one myself
            I got it on ebay from the states, much cheaper than they are new!!!!

Comment

A bit of advice leave slightly big and file rest because they tend to cut one side more than other.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                A bit of advice leave slightly big and file rest because they tend to cut one side more than other.
                Leave very big and turn the full machine on the cue. Repeat, going down tiny amounts until the correct size is reached. This also negates the effect of a cue that is no linger round, which most are not. Being careful of course, not to over tighten the collars onto the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                  I noticed this when I first set it up, but after a bit of fettling it is now bang on

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                  Leave very big and turn the full machine on the cue. Repeat, going down tiny amounts until the correct size is reached. This also negates the effect of a cue that is no linger round, which most are not. Being careful of course, not to over tighten the collars onto the cue.
                  That's exactly how I have been testing it out

Comment

What I do on a referulle on old cue is put tape round top about 4ins to stop it digging into shaft,don't matter on a oversize shaft.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                      I'll see if i can put together a little vid, with it doing its thing on a sh*t shaft i have lying about
                      Have you managed to do the video? Would love to see it
                      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

RogiBear, I tried to reply to your PM but your inbox is full. Anyway.....

Thanks a lot, seems easy enough! How much did you pay for a second hand one?
                        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                          RogiBear, I tried to reply to your PM but your inbox is full. Anyway.....

Thanks a lot, seems easy enough! How much did you pay for a second hand one?
                          sorry, cleared now. paid £45 for it

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                            sorry, cleared now. paid £45 for it
                            Wow, bargain. Am I right in thinking there's two versions, one for snooker cues and one for pool cues?
                            #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                              Wow, bargain. Am I right in thinking there's two versions, one for snooker cues and one for pool cues?
                              correct, this is the pool cue version, with the larger collet. It isn't a problem when your making the cue from scratch as you can cut the tenon while the shaft is oversize. Otherwise you can use something to fill the shaft out to fit

Comment

Working...
                              X