Pro-am Tournament in Northampton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by marktebbutt View Post
    Not sure where you've heard that Kettering has a high percentage of "riff raff" but it's no worse than anywhere else. Definitely no need for security.
    Not going to be having any refs just for the simple fact that fees for them would have to either come out of the prize fund or my own pocket. However, I'm a qualified referee so if there are any disputes or questions I will be there to ask.
    Not too sure about a start time but the club have said they will open early for us. Hoping to get it started about 10:30, possibly before if everyone arrives on time.
    Will be posting times closer to the date on the Facebook page facebook.com/spotontournament
    Sorry mate just a Northampton joke and Kettering is ok and no worse than npton Don't know it that well but have been to the town centre a few times. As for the refs I was thinking more along the lines of having other players acting as a ref/ball respotter for the matches but the problem with that is they could be bias towards a player and if their match starts while they are reffing it will be a lot of waiting. Maybe something for the later rounds as it does add a sense of occasion having a ref.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
      Sorry mate just a Northampton joke and Kettering is ok and no worse than npton Don't know it that well but have been to the town centre a few times. As for the refs I was thinking more along the lines of having other players acting as a ref/ball respotter for the matches but the problem with that is they could be bias towards a player and if their match starts while they are reffing it will be a lot of waiting. Maybe something for the later rounds as it does add a sense of occasion having a ref.
      To be fair I wouldn't recommend going to Kettering town centre unless you like coffee, charity shops or want to buy a new house!
      Think players can ref their own matches but if they can't agree on something then I'll be available to resolve the issue. I will be telling the players to use their discretion when it comes to the miss rule though!
      Was thinking that I might ref the final - we'll see what happens on the day.
      If you're wanting to play then I suggest you register on the website ASAP as there are only 8 spaces left now

Comment

How did this event go?
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
          How did this event go?
          Went really well mate.
          Only had 23 players but it all ran smoothly and with no issues.
          All the players said it was a good day. There is a text video on the Facebook page of the results and highest breaks. Facebook.com/spotontournament

Comment

Cool!
            Are you planning anymore tournaments or repeating this next year?
            Perhaps we can work together on a qualifier for the National Snooker Expo next year?
            Jason
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019

Comment

Cool!
              Are you planning anymore tournaments or repeating this next year?
              Perhaps we can work together on a qualifier for the National Snooker Expo next year?
              Jason
              Due to work, family and my refereeing the plan is to make it an annual event.
              I'd love to organise and run various events but it's not possible unfortunately. Unless someone out there wants to hire me full-time and pay me full-time wages lol

Comment

Originally Posted by marktebbutt View Post
                Due to work, family and my refereeing the plan is to make it an annual event.
                I'd love to organise and run various events but it's not possible unfortunately. Unless someone out there wants to hire me full-time and pay me full-time wages lol
                I was thinking more of the lines of utilising your event as a qualifier for the expo?
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019

Comment

I was thinking more of the lines of utilising your event as a qualifier for the expo?
                  Not sure if that would work as the expo is in May and the one I run would be in June.
                  Just out of curiosity why are you doing qualifiers for it?

Comment

Working...
                  X