Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Have you tried one?
    Not yet. Read a lot of good reviews on it. Also, it looks more stronger than the pipe tube.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      Have you tried one?
      The triangular one from Mike that I have here is very difficult to bend I would say you couldn't get any stronger tube, its about 2.3mm thick.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        The triangular one from Mike that I have here is very difficult to bend I would say you couldn't get any stronger tube, its about 2.3mm thick.
        Mike’s an innovator.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Not yet. Read a lot of good reviews on it. Also, it looks more stronger than the pipe tube.
          but doesn't seem to have that much space inside.

don't think there is space for bubble wrap?

Comment

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
            but doesn't seem to have that much space inside.

don't think there is space for bubble wrap?
            No definitely not, I would just use a plastic sleeve, or wrap in newspaper

Comment

Holds cues up to 59" long and 30.5mm butt diameter as per his post on FB.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                A Mannock I bought was sent in a plastic tube with black duct tape at each end.
                Arrived in a still unbashed plastic tube with brown parcel tape over the black tape.
                All this tape stuff as unknown to me until I opened the tube to find my Mannock in 2 x pieces.
                Even worse was that the 2 x pieces didn't fit to make the full cue ( around 6" of pearwood missing ).
                Only when I contacted the seller did he describe his wrapping technique ( black tape only ).
                I can only think that someone at parcelforce opened the parcel, whatever they did with the cue, it broke,
                then they quickly put what they thought was the bits of the cue back in the tube, resealing it with brown tape ?

When I send a cue now, I send the cue in one tube, and tape it tightly to another empty tube ( cheaper than wood if you have to buy some ).
                So far, so good .
                I can vouch for this.
                The James Butters cue I bought off you last year was perfectly wrapped.
                Two tubes taped together is the way forward

Comment

I bought several cues form Stu Green at Green Baize and each time he sent them greatly packed.
                  He uses three plastic tubes joined and taped together. One holds the cue well warped in plastic bubble, another can have the extensions for exemple. The whole stuff makes a strong triangle of tubes, strongly taped. Never had any problem so far....knocking wood!
                  Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                  X