Eureka rep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka rep

Nice eureka replica on eBay but the seller was unwilling to disclose who made it. Anybody seen it before??

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=231369404517

The seller sells Lp cues as well. Could they be Chinese made reps.

Comment

Don't know... I asked and for a reply telling me to get professional tuition and a lecture about how Michael Bolton plays with a 5$ cue and made 831 break in billiards... Which got me thinking about the reason why I couldn't get a straight answer

Comment

Very odd as it looks such a nice cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
          Don't know... I asked and for a reply telling me to get professional tuition and a lecture about how Michael Bolton plays with a 5$ cue and made 831 break in billiards... Which got me thinking about the reason why I couldn't get a straight answer
          Tell him if he is selling it at $5 then you would not ask anything at all.

Comment

i know most replicas are good quality cues like the ones glover do,but for the life of me why someone would pay £400 for something that's not the real McCoy,you won't go and buy a replica john parris ultimate or a replica trevor white

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              i know most replicas are good quality cues like the ones glover do,but for the life of me why someone would pay £400 for something that's not the real McCoy,you won't go and buy a replica john parris ultimate or a replica trevor white
              Reason most people want replicas made is like the vast majority of older billiard/snooker cues they are far to whippy for the modern game.So get a replica made with modern stiff shaft.
              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                Reason most people want replicas made is like the vast majority of older billiard/snooker cues they are far to whippy for the modern game.So get a replica made with modern stiff shaft.
                Yeah know they are mostly whippy,but it will kind of embarrassing getting say a Ye old ash cue out and then telling everyone it is not a real one

Comment

I bought a cue off this guy. Nice cue in the end for the $115 AUD I paid for it but no mention of the misaligned splice on the ebony butt leaving a gap of 1-2mm. He wanted photos etc and said it wasn't like that when he shipped it but it was covered in lacquer and the area was half filled with 'bubbled' lacquer so it definitely didn't occur during a 2 day shipping across the country. I went overseas and didn't bother going further with it, but false advertising none the less.

I removed the lacquer, shaved it back, filled the grain (and the butt), oiled it and it's lovely.
                  Last edited by Benno; 26 October 2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah know they are mostly whippy,but it will kind of embarrassing getting say a Ye old ash cue out and then telling everyone it is not a real one
                    Yep embarrassed! That is the feeling I get Leo whenever I've used a finely crafted replica in the club. I'm going to start covering them up with a BCE badge whenever I leave the house now
                    On Cue Facebook Page
                    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                      Yep embarrassed! That is the feeling I get Leo whenever I've used a finely crafted replica in the club. I'm going to start covering them up with a BCE badge whenever I leave the house now
                      That must be why Dominic Dale sold his last year
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

The seller is Carl Aranda from Perth, lots of previous threads on here about him!! Ask ADR147!!
                        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

got one of his cues in my collection ,lol

Comment

I would be interested to know the stories...

Comment

Leo you are missing the point completely here! as Warren has already said the Original Old Cues arent great players well very few anyway so thats why some people Including "Myself" want to have Replica not to sell on but to have the same design as older cues like Eureka, Mannock etc as we like the Design and Yes it is the Real Mccoy if you can Play with it as thats what its all about not just about having a nice looking cue and cannot pot a ball with it which i see very often!.

Its not about buying a Replica to Sell on and make money as most Cues you Buy to your Specs Including a Trevor White, John Parris, Mike Wooldridge etc who have made 100's maybe 1000's of Replica's or Similar Cues you will Lose Money on! its about having a Cue Design you like and wanna play with thats why John Parris is Best Selling Cue is the Traditional and why do you think this is? Well its because its the same Design as Ronnies.

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
                              X