No announcement yet.

Jim Black Cues - The Northy part of Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the cue making going jim u had many orders recently ?

Comment

3/4 yet Jim.

Comment

Has anybody played with a Jim black cue for an extended period? How are these cues like? Gone quiet but the work shown previously was very nice

Comment

Yes mate, mine is shown in this thread, the Connie rep. Very good cue and Jim is a pleasure to deal with, a real gent.

Comment

Hey there guys, sorry there haven't been many updates, my day job has had to take priority for the last couple of months due to some unforeseen circumstances but things starting to level out now, I also had to do a bit of traveling in Europe for some guitar shows.

This put me a wee bit behind on my current orders unfortunately, apologies to those that had to wait longer than expected.
            Life eh! ... always getting in the way lol

Comment

Originally Posted by JimB View Post
              As the Monty Python team would say "and now for something completely different"

Just finished this custom build, it's was the customer's preference, he wanted a purpleheart shaft ... I put it off for as long as I could, I was not looking forward to making it I can tell you but it finished well and plays very well for a non-standard shaft selection, I'm surprised at the amount of spring in the shaft and getting plenty of action in the white.

The Purpleheart came from a 20+ year old plank, very stable and straight, the big downside when building it was tapering the shaft, nightmare doesn't even come into it ... although dead straight it has inter-locking grain, argh!
              I could only hand plane so far then sanding block for the rest ... I've now got a right forearm like Popeye haha.
              I reckon it took me twice as long to build this one because of the shaft

Anyways, job done, very striking appearance but tricky to photograph.

Glad he didn't want two of them !!!

Hahaha, that is totally mental Jim, but looks like really nice work, well done.

I have seen afew cues over the years with different shaft timbers, but this one takes the cake..ha..love it.

Comment

Thanks Trev, glad you like it but I wouldn't want to make another one, well not for awhile anyways ... it almost broke my spirit at one point!

Comment

Hi Jim,

How much would the Connoisseur and Mini Butt same as the Ones in the Pictures be with nice arrows/shaft same as these m8??

Gaz.

Originally Posted by JimB View Post
                  Hey there guys (and gals, just in case) ... in the final stages of a couple of customer orders so thought a few photos were in order.

One ash and one maple, but you knew that already didn't you.

Thanks for lookin'

Comment

that one on the right is lovely

Comment

• That is the One I am on about Byrom! Lovely Cue and shaft isnt it.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

Comment

• yep perfect - just photo copy that one make a thousand of them just like that one and buy yourself a holiday home in Spain

Comment

• Perfect looking shaft , I like the spaced arrows and the fact they stop four or five inches from the tip.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

She is a beaut looks so clean Mr bluejay is a lucky fella

Comment

• Hey everyone, I've been a bit lazy updating the forum, I should've put some of these photos up months ago but life seems to get in the way if you know what I mean

Anyways, here's a few cues I built over the last 6 months or so for customers.

and this one will be leaving soon ...

Thanks for looking

Comment

• Very nice .....really like the mini butt with the 1st cue
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X