Unintentional side (Chris Henry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintentional side (Chris Henry)

I saw this statement by Chris Henry and that seems to me an interesting topic. I do'nt know if this has already been discussed on this forum or not. (If so, then I apologize for bringing it up again). anyway, I quote: According to Chris Henry: << Large tip size reduces your ability to see the centre of the CB. The vast majority of players that believe they are addressing and/or striking the centre actually are not! >>!!!!!!! IMO,, Many players miss the pot because they put unintentional side on the CB. Many coaches believe that the main cause of missing the pot is : you take ur eye of the OB at the time of striking. But, if you do'nt take your eye of the OB and put som unintentional side on The CB, you miss the pot anyway !!! What is the best way to avoid this ??? Using thinner tip? thicker tip? Using som kind of quality shaft? keep less distance between CB and your bridge hand? a short back swing? Or are there other options? any opinion about this, would be appreciated. ,,, Ramon

Does anything you've seen from Chris lead you to watch a video on him playing shots with particular brand of cue which promotes a small tip and certain shaft characteristics?
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Chris is no longer affiliated with said brand of cues !

He came to our first TSF Coaching weekend a few years back and gave a really good demonstration of the cue brand in question but it turned out at the time my own John Parris cue deflected just as little as his cue

Comment

I thought he was still peddling them

Well then this is my opinion only and not based on much scientific knowledge. I believe many players are playing with cues that are far too stiff and with larger tips than is necessary leading them to play shots with more pace than needed to achieve position. I retaper my playing cues myself now to get the best out of a cue......for my cue action.
        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          I thought he was still peddling them

Well then this is my opinion only and not based on much scientific knowledge. I believe many players are playing with cues that are far too stiff and with larger tips than is necessary leading them to play shots with more pace than needed to achieve position. I retaper my playing cues myself now to get the best out of a cue......for my cue action.
          Well, I agree with Ferret ,, btw, I myself have played with that cue and I have'nt noticed anything with law deflection !!!!! But I think this is not just about a cue. As a snooker coach and experienced snooker player, do you think you can beat every time the center of the CB (consistently with each shot) ??? I hope you do'nt mind me asking this.j

Comment

I meant striking the Center of The CB ,,, sorry

Comment

I believe I can Finding time at the table for my own practise is rare but I will make an opportunity and test myself :snooker:
              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                I believe I can Finding time at the table for my own practise is rare but I will make an opportunity and test myself :snooker:
                there's the answer I was looking for, Many thanks for ur time !!

Comment

Working...
                X