Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue altering question - butt diameter

Morning experts!

I recently got hold of a 60" maple one piece which is what I've been after. However the butt is very very slim and I'd like to increase it by around 2mm.

I'm a big fan of the Eureka replica cues and I'm wondering if I could use this cue as a donor and get the four lower splices and badge done whilst at the same time increasing the diameter up to 29.5 ish.

Any thoughts! Stupid idea?

Cheers!

I would like to say this is possible but my understanding is depends on the current taper of cue.

If you wanted badge etc then Tony Glover would be you man to contact.

Comment

Have a word with Tony glover cos he does the badges as well.

Comment

I had something similar done to my 59inch cue, had the butt changed from 29.5 to 32mm, Crispian jones carried out the alteration, he added four splices of birdseye maple and he done an excellent job as you'd expect going by his craftsmanship skills...
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Sounds like it may be possible. I'll get in touch with Tony Glover to see how much it's going to cost me!

Comment

A lot depends what the butt is already made of,possible with a ebony or macasser butt.

Comment

It's a plain ebony butt at the moment.

Comment

Might just have to extend it a bit to get the butt taper right.

Comment

Yes it will be possible and too be Honest Tony Glover will be your man especially if you want a Badge etc done at the same time, this wont be a cheap process as i have found out as i have had a few done with donor shafts but if you like the Cue/Shaft then its a Personal Preference.

Heres Tony's Tel: 01283 550551

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Crockefeller View Post
                  Sounds like it may be possible. I'll get in touch with Tony Glover to see how much it's going to cost me!

Comment

When you say not cheap, how not cheap are we talking? Over 150?

Comment

Hi m8,
                      Im Not Tony Glover so you better talk to him yourself mate on the Telephone Number i have supplied you ok, i wouldnt have thought it would be over £150 but wouldnt put my Life on it as Tony will have to Quote you.

Gaz.

When you say not cheap, how not cheap are we talking? Over 150?

Comment

Thanks Gaz, I'll give him a call. Just weighing up if it's better to start from scratch or adapt this current cue.

Comment

I have had many alterd m8 and sometimes yes proberly would have been cheaper for me to start from scratch but i like getting Cues alterd that are Very Rare and cannot be bought elsewhere or ones that have a shaft i really like.

I have just had a very rare old cue alterd by Tony and awaiting collection of it this week! i was offerd great price for it with Big Profit but sometimes its not about the Money well not too me anyway and I cannot wait to just see it and play with it as Tony is a Great Cue Maker and a lovely guy who will help anybody he can.

Gaz.

Thanks Gaz, I'll give him a call. Just weighing up if it's better to start from scratch or adapt this current cue.

Comment

Am i right in thinking it's only Tony that does the replica badges, unless you want the dodgy circle ones off ebay?
                            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                            X