Eureka on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
    I didnt mean dead on £200!!! ...... I meant between £200-£400 I sold one approx 6-7yrs ago and fetched £278 minus the Fees and Paypal Fees and wasnt much more than £200 in my hand by the time i Paid Postage/Packaging etc.

Yes they may have gone up abit in last 6-7yrs but £700 or even £550 in ( My Opinion - Which is Only My Opinion Mind ok is very Over the Top!! ) If you could get £400-£450 Cash in Hand for these not the "ONE" in Question is a Great price i think! as if a Cue fetches £500 on eBay minus 10% ending Fees, Starting Fees, Paypal Fees and Postage its down near £400-£420 and then it doesnt mean seller is going to Pay as i and many others have found out a few times no doubt Plenty of Time Waisters!!

Gaz.
    i try and stay away from your posts gaz after our last bust up,but sometimes i like a good laugh so they are hard to ignore,but I am surprised you even think it is worth £200-400 especially when you thought the cue wasn't genuine in the first place.

Comment

Eureka on eBay

these would fetch a bag of sand in the eighties same as a mannock

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
        my God, that was an eye opener!

I hardly sell these on ebay, but 10% fees is ludicrous. When I started on ebay (about 11 years ao) it was about 3-4%.

No wonder people close early!
        +1

i tried to give my email address to one seller in the "contact the seller" bit once, and got a stropagram from ebay.

Must be set up to look for the @ symbol in the message content or something. .

Ended up doing it in all words ( "@" = at, "." = dot, etc ), but the seller didn't twig ! No email, no sale etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
          my God, that was an eye opener!

I hardly sell these on ebay, but 10% fees is ludicrous. When I started on ebay (about 11 years ao) it was about 3-4%.

No wonder people close early!
          I really don't think its that bad and does represent value as the amount of visitors to that site and the work they put in to displaying your item where relevant is very good, in fact it is one of the best shop windows in the world......of course I don't mind swerving the fees though
          On Cue Facebook Page
          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Then paypal is another 3 or 4%, then the cost of postage packaging and insuring the damn thing, then losing that money because they decide they want to return it for the stupidest of reasons and you daren't say know for fear of bad feedback, and even if you wanted to argue you can't because no one at ebay knows what a snooker cue is!!!! Rant over, for now at least!
            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
              Then paypal is another 3 or 4%, then the cost of postage packaging and insuring the damn thing, then losing that money because they decide they want to return it for the stupidest of reasons and you daren't say know for fear of bad feedback, and even if you wanted to argue you can't because no one at ebay knows what a snooker cue is!!!! Rant over, for now at least!
              Good guess, it's actually 3.4 % (+20p) and best to click on "no returns" saves the hassle of dealing with idiots

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                +1

i tried to give my email address to one seller in the "contact the seller" bit once, and got a stropagram from ebay.

Must be set up to look for the @ symbol in the message content or something. .

Ended up doing it in all words ( "@" = at, "." = dot, etc ), but the seller didn't twig ! No email, no sale etc.
                I just send a JPEG with it written in
                Last edited by RogiBear; 29 October 2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Good guess, it's actually 3.4 % (+20p) and best to click on "no returns" saves the hassle of dealing with idiots
                  You'd like to think so, but ebay will still find in there favour, that the cue is 1gramme different, or has 7 chevrons instead of 8 they will make you accept the return? The new policys they are bringing in as we speak even make you responsible for the return postage if the cue has been miss sold, how easy would it be to say, " said solid ebony butt, but clearly has a core of Ash!"

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                    You'd like to think so, but ebay will still find in there favour, that the cue is 1gramme different, or has 7 chevrons instead of 8 they will make you accept the return? The new policys they are bringing in as we speak even make you responsible for the return postage if the cue has been miss sold, how easy would it be to say, " said solid ebony butt, but clearly has a core of Ash!"
                    In that case be accurate with your listing and say approx dims lol, and don't say too much !!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      In that case be accurate with your listing and say approx dims lol, and don't say too much !!
                      To be fair recently i was on the happy end of one of these, and ended up with a free cue and case! My feedback is still 100% as i always accept returns at my expense as i only do it as a hobby and generally come out even. I really feel sorry for anyone trying to run a business with ebay as there only outlet, as it heavilly favours the seller, and with so many people on here telling people they have massively over payed who wouldn't request a refund, and who couldn't find a reason why they should be entitled?

Comment

Working...
                      X