X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Newman

Hi all

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snooker-Cu...41204026&rt=nc

Can anybody say how much this cue would be worth and would it be restorable to playable condition? Looks in good nic.

John

I play with a restored one. Plays very nice had it restored by Robert Osbourne around 10 years ago. Still going strong. I've got 3 of these cues which used to belong to a my grandad. Would say they tend to be on the whippy side & you also need to watch the glue/splicing on the butt, the ones I have are starting to come apart. On my cue the paduk splice was destroyed so I had to have it completely replaced when I had it repaired. But the shafts v nice. These cues are around 85 years old now. Not sure how much they're worth. They're collectors items so I guess it depends how keen people are to add to their collection. Definitely worth more than the current bid though.

Comment

would say one in mint condition £125

Comment

Agree with ^^ they won't all restore to good players though, check the cue out before you put more money into it - its often better to resell and walk away than throw a lot of money at a cue that won't play well.
        I should follow my own advice I'm forever restoring wrecks then selling them on for losses - good thing my job isn't P&L modelling... oh wait. Damn.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Have you any Old Cues that you restored that you dont need or one that doesnt suit you! as im always looking for Good Old Playing Cues............lol

Gaz.

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          I should follow my own advice I'm forever restoring wrecks then selling them on for losses - good thing my job isn't P&L modelling... oh wait. Damn.

Comment

Working...
          X