No announcement yet.

Black Arrow Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to have a look at these Black Arrows. A couple go on ebay, and then one guy posts here for the first time in 2 years to say how rare and valuable they are, and another guy joins and says the same with his first post- just a couple of hours before the end on the ebay auction....crazy coincidence, maybe some higher power was trying to give me a sign. I've never heard of these before- not surprising I suppose as they're so rare. Wish I'd bid on that one for £290, could have made a killing on resale 😂🤣🤣😂

Comment

I only just joined to find out about TAOM chalk but read the post and commented as I had one. To be fair to the other guy they are fairly Rare and valuable cues. I wish I had bid at £290 as resale is quite high amongst some collectors. But I guess each to there own.

Comment

He had it on for £1050 first didnt sell. Tehn it went for £440, apparently bloke couldnt afford it. Now its sold for £290. I did chuck a £285 on it but damn he must be gutted at the low price. No doubt it will be back on in a few days.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mathias121 View Post
          He had it on for £1050 first didnt sell. Tehn it went for £440, apparently bloke couldnt afford it. Now its sold for £290. I did chuck a £285 on it but damn he must be gutted at the low price. No doubt it will be back on in a few days.
          He should be gutted. An eye watering starting price of £1050 on the first listing. Then the second listing with an ebayer with zero feedback suddenly bidding silly money. By the time it was listed a third time, I think some ebayers who had bid on the second auction smelled a rat and didn't bother bidding on the third listing. I could be wrong but some of my thoughts were similar to Mark187187 post (76 on this thread).

Comment

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282853375895

Same splicework as the black arrow...

Comment

I just stumbled across this thread when looking for information about my Blackpool Billiard Works 281 Church Street 9ft 3 slate bed snooker table. I wass told by the company that resurfaced it that the 3 slate configuration is quite unique. I wonder what its history is, date of manufacture and how valuable it is. Thanks for the information provided in this thread.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Black Shark View Post
                I just stumbled across this thread when looking for information about my Blackpool Billiard Works 281 Church Street 9ft 3 slate bed snooker table. I wass told by the company that resurfaced it that the 3 slate configuration is quite unique. I wonder what its history is, date of manufacture and how valuable it is. Thanks for the information provided in this thread.
                Apart from the company info on post #43 [https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...e3#post762737] I have no more information and it is really difficult to date tables. Often there are no records left and many makers did not mark their tables with meaningful info
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks. Does anyone have any idea on the approximate value?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    I assume you have seen the other much cheaper one on ebay ?
                    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202218948694
                    having trouble spotting the cue
                    what’s is the exact title for the add on eBay mate

Comment

Originally Posted by The Black Shark View Post
                      The Blackpool Billiard Works started operating at 281 Church Street from the end of the war in 1945. At this time no new billiard tables were being made of any size, due to this being banned under the Utility Furniture Scheme which only ended in 1953. During this period, and for some time afterwards, companies like this made a living by refurbishing pre-war tables and usually fitting their own plates. Blackpool Billiard Works were still advertising themselves as supplying "repairs and renovations" in 1967, which is the last reference I have to them, so there is a good chance that your table may actually have been made by someone else. Are there any stamps on the frame, particularly patent numbers associated with a lifting mechanism?
                      Last edited by 100-uper; 2 February 2023, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X