How do I record myself playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I record myself playing?

Been watching Barry Starks coaching videos and on multiple occasions he has suggested to record yourself playing as a form of self analysis, but i have no idea how i'd manage to do this in the club where my phone camera will view the entire table. Anyone got any ideas?
    ''It's just really drafty to be honest'' - Kyren Wilson

In a club it's pretty difficult if you're trying to record yourself with a phone or an ipad...

If you have a tripod you can set a digicam up with little issue... I always just use a shelf around chest height that's nearby and stack the ipad against it... It's not the best but it's something.

Comment

Remember to make sure the forum can see the crack of your ass and your underwear too... Especially Throtts... He loves that

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
        Remember to make sure the forum can see the crack of your ass and your underwear too... Especially Throtts... He loves that
        oh no! you just had to didn't you!
        I was hoping that this would not "raise its ugly head" :wink:
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          In a club it's pretty difficult if you're trying to record yourself with a phone or an ipad...

If you have a tripod you can set a digicam up with little issue... I always just use a shelf around chest height that's nearby and stack the ipad against it... It's not the best but it's something.
          I once saw a chap with a phone stand he made from Lego
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

One of these to hold your phone

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/acobj-lxp....c100705.m4780
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by jamie181201 View Post
              Been watching Barry Starks coaching videos and on multiple occasions he has suggested to record yourself playing as a form of self analysis, but i have no idea how i'd manage to do this in the club where my phone camera will view the entire table. Anyone got any ideas?
              The best thing to do is to get someone else to video you while you play. If it's your technique you are analysing, just explain what you want capturing before you start so there is no verbal on the actual video recording. If you have never seen yourself play before you may be in for a shock. I was videoed on a camcorder about 15 years ago by a friend and I could not believe how much my head started to move ON THE BACKSWING! never mind the follow through on some power shots.

Comment

I've managed it, just rested the phone facing slightly down on a pint glass on the shelf above the table, suprisingly effective haha.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick farrell View Post
                  The best thing to do is to get someone else to video you while you play. If it's your technique you are analysing, just explain what you want capturing before you start so there is no verbal on the actual video recording. If you have never seen yourself play before you may be in for a shock. I was videoed on a camcorder about 15 years ago by a friend and I could not believe how much my head started to move ON THE BACKSWING! never mind the follow through on some power shots.
                  Even without someone recording me I could see flaws haha elbow is way off line when down on a shot, so i'll be working on correcting that.

Comment

Working...
                  X