Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
    I have never said there was no other way at any time, there are many techniques, mine is just one of them, which in my eyes makes the game much easier to learn, and to put into anyone's game by which they can improve, you yourself without you knowing it are using it. Best of luck. Roy of Snooker Secrets
    No I'm definitely not using it! Anyway, I'm out of this conversation now. It's pointless and we are going around in unnecessary circles Good luck all! Just enjoy the game.
    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
      I've played him twice and seen him play in the flesh about 10/15 times or so... He doesn't use side on every shot. Categorically.

Nope... unless your eyes are slow motion microscopes in which case, yes.... But they're not.

I potted three in a row and then went and had a subway with extra chorizo??? I don't get your point??? Should I have gone for the nachos instead?

And by that you mean the part of the ball we hit when we're trying to hit centre but we're not machines... Wow, what a coach... unbelievable... Do something that you have to do anyway by design... Inspirational stuff.

Yup... That's 27 times champion of the world Bazza 'The Adonis' West

Reminds me of the time just yesterday before he was retiring I told old Gazza Senna to whistle the tune of MASH when he cued... He rang me this morning to say it was the best he'd ever played ever... I shed a tear.

I'm still waiting for the example of someone it works for? We've got a guy on here who can't take ten reds on a line out... Anyone else? Apart from Old Westy, who doesn't have internet anymore and can't comment... Unfortunately x

P.S I'm on the rum tonight... I will likely be posting drivel... I apologise for the upcoming ban x
      Anyway you don't teach regular 100 break players, you help them at there time of need. Those amateurs that do make them do not need help, because they are already satisfied with there expertise.

Comment

• Alrocco.snooker secrets

The nachos... got it

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
          Anyway you don't teach regular 100 break players, you help them at there time of need. Those amateurs that do make them do not need help, because they are already satisfied with there expertise.
          That would be "their"in both cases.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• There's an old bloke who plays in my league team who pots the way that Roy teaches, sees the angle and knows just how much side to put on to make the pot, only he's stumped when faced with a straight one as he has no angle to work with. His high break is 98, made against myself about 20 years ago, he's 74 now and really strugles to get down into his stance but in his youth could pot them off the lightshades as long as they weren't straight, though his cue ball wasn't the best.
            Now this method can work but your positional play is going to have to adjust to the side on the cue ball taking it somewhere else than where you're used to.
            I wouldn't recomend it but if your cue is offline anyway and you're not potting them then give it a go as you've nothing to lose.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Hi Roy - had a great session over the weekend - played with a small amount of side on some shots and found no problems with adapring - you find you adapt quickly - im also doing this:

Looking at OBwhen up on shot assessing shot and angle etc then when down on shot focusing solely on cue ball - to see if cue delivery is straight - seems to work nicely for me - is this something you would recommend doing?
              Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                Hi Roy - had a great session over the weekend - played with a small amount of side on some shots and found no problems with adapring - you find you adapt quickly - im also doing this:

Looking at OBwhen up on shot assessing shot and angle etc then when down on shot focusing solely on cue ball - to see if cue delivery is straight - seems to work nicely for me - is this something you would recommend doing?
                This thread should be allowed to die peacefully.

Comment

• If I was prone to doubting people, I'd think Chris g and Roy could be the same person.
                  H.b.142

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
                    If I was prone to doubting people, I'd think Chris g and Roy could be the same person.
                    I presumed he was the guy behind the camera for the youtube videos.

Comment

• Think Chris is innocent in all this - def not connected with Snooker Secrets. Obvs just someone who takes something from Roy's methods. Each to their own I guess.

A lot, if not most, of us lesser players - ie not regular ton makers - look for the 'secret' in books or videos etc I guess sometimes we get something into our head that no matter what logic and reason from more knowledgeable players we're presented with we cling onto some faux method in the hope it will be the key to being a better player.

Having gone through the books, coaching etc myself, you realise the only way to improve is through 100's of good practice and getting pasted by players of the level of Pottr and Ted and Mark et al.

It's just easier to throw 20 quid at a book or a DVD
                      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                        Think Chris is innocent in all this - def not connected with Snooker Secrets. Obvs just someone who takes something from Roy's methods. Each to their own I guess.

A lot, if not most, of us lesser players - ie not regular ton makers - look for the 'secret' in books or videos etc I guess sometimes we get something into our head that no matter what logic and reason from more knowledgeable players we're presented with we cling onto some faux method in the hope it will be the key to being a better player.

Having gone through the books, coaching etc myself, you realise the only way to improve is through 100's of good practice and getting pasted by players of the level of Pottr and Ted and Mark et al.

It's just easier to throw 20 quid at a book or a DVD

I agree with you that it takes 100s of practice andplaying and getting pasted by better players, but when you play in a club where you can't play anyone your own age etc then you have to look at other things.

What I am trying to find is not necessarily a secret, but trying to find the technique that works for me. And that involves sifting through lots of videos, books, dvds and forums to test out different methods. It just so happens that Roy's method is "one" of a few methods I've tried and I say "one" method that has helped improve my game!
                        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                          I agree with you that it takes 100s of practice andplaying and getting pasted by better players, but when you play in a club where you can't play anyone your own age etc then you have to look at other things.

What I am trying to find is not necessarily a secret, but trying to find the technique that works for me. And that involves sifting through lots of videos, books, dvds and forums to test out different methods. It just so happens that Roy's method is "one" of a few methods I've tried and I say "one" method that has helped improve my game!
                          Chris I'm neither pro or anti any training methods - unless someone is setting out to scam people of course.

Everybody learns differently and believes in different things. I personally can't understand the logic in Roy's method. Doesn't mean I say it's wrong I just know what works for me.

Good luck with your endeavours
                          #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• O'Sullivan saying last night on his ITV4 interview that he realised recently he is applying side on every shot and that can't be a good thing so has been spending time in practice recently adjusting to centre ball striking. He said it takes time to adjust but he feels more comfortable now hitting centre ball more and getting a purer strike of the ball. If you watched him closely yesterday i noticed too he was hitting more center then usual. Cue Roy saying he is wrong....
                            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Yes, that crisp pure positive strike is within The core of The white.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                                O'Sullivan saying last night on his ITV4 interview that he realised recently he is applying side on every shot and that can't be a good thing so has been spending time in practice recently adjusting to centre ball striking. He said it takes time to adjust but he feels more comfortable now hitting centre ball more and getting a purer strike of the ball. If you watched him closely yesterday i noticed too he was hitting more center then usual. Cue Roy saying he is wrong....
                                No I would never say ANYONE was wrong, but I will say that he is still playing side on MOST of his shots. I myself have never seen him play without putting side on. Just to add he is the best Snooker player I have ever seen. Doubt if there will ever be another like him. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Working...
                                X