First Personal Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Personal Cue

Hi all. I’m thinking of getting my first personal cue as I’ve redeveloped an interest in snooker recently.

I’ve read so many of the threads here regarding what brands of cues to go for and I’m simply at a loss, hoping the experts here may guide me.

I’m from Singapore and unfortunately there’s not a lot of snooker shops around here, only one I know of carries only Riley & BCE (which I’ve been told to stay away from). There’s also a few sellers here with Peradon cue available but I’ve also seen a few pretty bad feedback on them so far for their lower range models. This has resulted in me looking outside of my tiny island.

To keep things simple, I’m not looking to splurge on my first cue, probably looking at £125 or less will be comfortable for me (not sure if this is realistic, don’t mind used as well). Am I able to get something customized at this price range?

A few brands & cuemakers that caught my attention in this forum as below.
    O’min: Unfortunately I’ve read that there’s too many China ripoffs for this brand, gonna be tough for me to identify one at this stage.
    Maximus: Seems out of my budget but maybe a used one?
    LP: Low end range does not seem to have good feedback but higher range seems out of my budget so maybe a used one?
    Phoenix: Seems out of my budget but maybe a used one?
    Mark Richard: Seems to be pretty decent and well within budget but mixed reviews.

J6: Not sure what kind of price to expect.
    ADR147: Have dropped him an email and will further the conversation, not sure if my price range is feasible though.

I’ve also read about length & weight of cues but not too sure what’s good for me. I’m 172cm tall, 61kg.

Any advice will really be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Tancf View Post
    Hi all. I’m thinking of getting my first personal cue as I’ve redeveloped an interest in snooker recently.

I’ve read so many of the threads here regarding what brands of cues to go for and I’m simply at a loss, hoping the experts here may guide me.

I’m from Singapore and unfortunately there’s not a lot of snooker shops around here, only one I know of carries only Riley & BCE (which I’ve been told to stay away from). There’s also a few sellers here with Peradon cue available but I’ve also seen a few pretty bad feedback on them so far for their lower range models. This has resulted in me looking outside of my tiny island.

To keep things simple, I’m not looking to splurge on my first cue, probably looking at £125 or less will be comfortable for me (not sure if this is realistic, don’t mind used as well). Am I able to get something customized at this price range?

A few brands & cuemakers that caught my attention in this forum as below.
    O’min: Unfortunately I’ve read that there’s too many China ripoffs for this brand, gonna be tough for me to identify one at this stage.
    Maximus: Seems out of my budget but maybe a used one?
    LP: Low end range does not seem to have good feedback but higher range seems out of my budget so maybe a used one?
    Phoenix: Seems out of my budget but maybe a used one?
    Mark Richard: Seems to be pretty decent and well within budget but mixed reviews.

J6: Not sure what kind of price to expect.
    ADR147: Have dropped him an email and will further the conversation, not sure if my price range is feasible though.

I’ve also read about length & weight of cues but not too sure what’s good for me. I’m 172cm tall, 61kg.

Any advice will really be greatly appreciated

Cheers!
    Check greenbaize.com

Comment

carousell. search snooker. ��

Comment

Hi Tancf,

For your price range and with a try out of cue before purchase try --> 101 Cecil St Tong Eng Building #17-10 Singapore
        6224 5888

Centrum Billiards' town office with a mini showcase for snooker cue. Check out the Dufferin 1pc.

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with them

Comment

Sorry I just got to see this. I got my first cue already though from ADR147 and loving it so far Appreciate this though. Thanks!

Comment

Originally Posted by Tancf View Post
            Sorry I just got to see this. I got my first cue already though from ADR147 and loving it so far Appreciate this though. Thanks!
            They are good quality.

Comment

Working...
            X