No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Higgins is dishonest because I think he genuinely loves snooker. However, I do think he is greedy and stupid. Who flies that far without the full facts from their manager? And he certainly never looks scared for his life as he claimed. One phone call to Barry Hearn once he left the hotel and there is no story, no intent and his reputation, and conscience, are clean.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      But "Honest John" wasn't to know that was he ?
      No, but it would have become apparent fairly quickly, which is why "the NOTW went too early" doesn't make sense - they couldn't wait any longer because the next step was staging the matches he was to fix.

And frankly, I would find it surprising if the top pros didn't have tacit instructions to go easy on the locals when worldsnooker holds events in emerging markets like India.

Not looking terrified is no guarantee either - there was a video doing the rounds last week of a McDonalds cashier with a gun pointed in his face, just calmly emptying the till.
      Last edited by gavpowell; 5 May 2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• I sooooo hate the referee's call here.
        A good ref would have said "will that person please be removed" and subsequently point to John Higgins !!!!

Last edited by mikeyd100; 5 May 2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimev View Post
          Well deserved Selby. Over the moon for him

Been a fantastic standard of tactical play in this years comp. Has been absorbing viewing as ever and from a personal point very profitable

My advice for this season is to wait until Mark goes out in the first round of a few Best of 7's of Best of 9's, let his 2018 WC odds drift out to 5-1 again then lump on
          Selby really is doing a great job at letting his WC odds drift lump on? would be either brave or stupid

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimev View Post
            Selby really is doing a great job at letting his WC odds drift lump on? would be either brave or stupid
            Today frustration with his game was really shown on his face.Such a pitty for WC standard

Comment

Working...
            X