Britannia cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Derek savage View Post
    Just to add to this older thread . I have the Storm model which is 16 splices of Zebrano , Sycamore , Gabon Ebony and Ash . The splices are absolutely bang on level and the ash has beautifully spaced out chevrons and tight straight grain . The grand tips are superb also . The flat of the cue , through to the front splice and the shaft chevrons all line up perfectly too . Im very happy with it .
    Pics please. Trying hard to imagine what 16 splices would look like

Comment

Originally Posted by cpserrao View Post
      Pics please. Trying hard to imagine what 16 splices would look like
      Like a connoisseur with 4 more splices really

Comment

Sorry Ive no idea how to upload pics to this forum . If you Google Britannia Steel cues and its the Storm model . Its really quite stunning .

Comment

Sorry Ive no idea how to upload pics to this forum . If you Google Britannia Steel cues and its the Storm model . Its really quite stunning .
          Googled it. Must say that is a lot of splicework and a lot of effort must have gone into it.
          Bit too fancy for me though...I tend to prefer the simpler patterns.

Comment

My other cue is much more plain . A lot of work and quality timbers for the money though . Makes you wonder how some can charge over a grand for a plain ebony cue !

Comment

My other cue is much more plain . A lot of work and quality timbers for the money though . Makes you wonder how some can charge over a grand for a plain ebony cue !
              Because they pay their workers £700 a year and the premises costs £4 a month, and all their delivery costs are paid by the government, You could not buy the wood here in boards for what they can sell a cue for.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

True Andrew . But sometimes people forget that its easy enough to find out the cubic mtr costs for top grade Ash , Ebony etc...

Comment

True Andrew . But sometimes people forget that its easy enough to find out the cubic mtr costs for top grade Ash , Ebony etc...
                  try it fella. if you have a perfect block of ash 60" long with even arrows that when turned down is still perfect I know people who would pay £150 just for that.... and they would buy as much as you can get.

Comment

That's the material price but your forgetting overheads....
                    Electric, glue, clamps, workshop rent and other tools, plus what would you work for an hour?
                    How many hours to make and finish a cue...
                    For that one you've always wanted...
                    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                      That's the material price but your forgetting overheads....
                      Electric, glue, clamps, workshop rent and other tools, plus what would you work for an hour?
                      How many hours to make and finish a cue...
                      the sandpaper bills - they make you wince!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        Especially if you are one of 3 or 4 Australians, lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                          Especially if you are one of 3 or 4 Australians, lol.
                          kick a guy when he is down eh.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            Or thing's like getting a cue almost finished and something going wrong.
                            Getting some wild grain on a point and it coming off or a cue warping....
                            Derek, if you think making a cue is so easy....I can send you a blank and see how you get on.
                            I'm not having a go but until you can make one or even have an idea on what it takes to make one, how can you make some of the statement's you have...
                            For that one you've always wanted...
                            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Hey Im not having a dig guys , just saying its amazing how they can produce such quality kit at that price . I think you took my meaning the wrong way . And Im a carpenter to trade and if I had the workspace , Id love to have a go at making one .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                                Or thing's like getting a cue almost finished and something going wrong.
                                Getting some wild grain on a point and it coming off or a cue warping....
                                Derek, if you think making a cue is so easy....I can send you a blank and see how you get on.
                                I'm not having a go but until you can make one or even have an idea on what it takes to make one, how can you make some of the statement's you have...
                                What 'statements' ? You took my meaning the wrong way .

Comment

Working...
                                X