Bridge hand & Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge hand & Arm

I recently got pulled up on the thumb on my bridge hand. I was told my thumb floats in space which it does and of course it seems it's not supposed too oops. Never realised this before and trying to change it feels bloody awful. I'm trying to spread my fingers out and place my thumb roughly next to the first knuckle of my forefinger if that sounds right. It just feels like my hand is twisting over to the left and there is a lot of tension in my thumb. I realise I'm not used to this movement so it may take time but so far my bridge hand feels far from stable. Just wondered what everyone elses bridge hand is like especially the thumb when making the V.

Wanting to get some pros and cons on bent vs straight elbow on the bridging arm. I've noticed mine is almost snake like and bent like hell. Think this has to do with the yips and me trying to get as close to the cue ball as possible. I probably look like I'm trying to eat it

The thumb should be locked against the forefinger just down from the main knuckle where the skin of the forefinger is the thinnest. In addition the wrist should be turned slightly to the right (if you are right-handed) to keep the cue off the 'thumb pillow' which is the pillow formed by the web of skin between thumb and forefinger.

The bridge arm should be either straight (as in Joe Davis' book) or almost straight as practiced by most pros.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      The thumb should be locked against the forefinger just down from the main knuckle where the skin of the forefinger is the thinnest. In addition the wrist should be turned slightly to the right (if you are right-handed) to keep the cue off the 'thumb pillow' which is the pillow formed by the web of skin between thumb and forefinger.

The bridge arm should be either straight (as in Joe Davis' book) or almost straight as practiced by most pros.
      Thanks Terry, Thats a explanation I can get my head round

Comment

To me the important thing is also - be comfortable; so have the elbow bent slightly, without any force which can begin to hurt during a session. Be comfortable in your whole stance and address position.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
        X