Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World finals you'd like to have seen/see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    Away from going on a well documented late night bender...
    You're right, Jimmy didn't do a lot wrong
    Jimmy was a bellend for most of his career let's face facts, out on the slosh constantly, little to no preparation and seemingly thought he would have no end of getting to world finals. He said in one of his documentaries that he used to walk around the crucible and have a half a pint in several different locations, so when it came match time he had 3 or 4 pints on him. Then he wonders why he never won? Nothing but a bottle merchant.

Comment

As for finals i'd like to have seen, any of them with Joe Davis in it just to see what he played like over the long haul. There's really not that much footage of him playing at all, at least that's been made publically available. Would be interesting to see how he played over say 10 or so frames in a match.

Wish the Chinese would hurry up and make a knock off time machine so i can go see for myself

Comment

It would be Davis against Mountjoy for his first World Championship for me. I absolutely loved Steve Davis. It suddenly felt lake a modern competitive sport after his emergence.

Comment

24 year old Hendry vs 24 yr old Ronnie.... that would have been something to behold.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Artful Dodger View Post
            24 year old Hendry vs 24 yr old Ronnie.... that would have been something to behold.
            O'Sullivan didn't actually win a World title until he was 26, so perhaps a later version of him would be better if you wanted to get the ultimate match. He was probably at his very best when he was around 29, at least in my opinion. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              O'Sullivan didn't actually win a World title until he was 26, so perhaps a later version of him would be better if you wanted to get the ultimate match. He was probably at his very best when he was around 29, at least in my opinion. :smile:
              fair shout...

Comment

Originally Posted by The Artful Dodger View Post
                That would have been a depressing match for O'Sullivan fans.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                  That would have been a depressing match for O'Sullivan fans.
                  Indeed. 24 year old O'Sullivan lost 17-13 in a World Semi to 30 year old Hendry, 24 year old Hendry would have beaten that Ronnie even more convincingly

Comment

1994 final. I would happily have shouted out at Jimmy on that missed black off the spot and got thrown out, just to get him up, back down and focused again on the pot. Knowing Jimmy though he probably still would've missed it...

Comment

To steer the thread back to its original purpose of fantasy final lineups, I'd love to see O'Sullivan vs Alex Higgins - see who was the greater genius.

Comment

Would of loved to see Paul Hunter in a World final against any of the top boys, Hendry, O'Sullivan, Higgins. He was 3 times Masters champion. So much talent.

Comment

Working...
                        X