No announcement yet.

Sorry guys another dominate eye post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well to be honest im not trying to create problems for myself or make the game harder. however i am struggling big time. i always had this problem, easy to find the line of aim while standing but as soon as i get down i am offline . on straight shots ( lets say long blue from green spot ) when i get down i can get it 7 outta 10 after getting up few times. but as soon as angles come to play, i have to stand up many many times and still offline, at the end i get tired and my brain forces me to put side or move my hand bridge or shoulder or body to compensate and get on line, by doing this i sometimes get the pots and i know it im doing wrong.

in practice its ok to getup few times. but in matches i have noticed as soon i get up twice on every shot my opponent stares at me. and i can feel this. i know why i cannot find the line of aim. this is the reason i have to fix it now. i know sometimes things are simple just get down and hit and do the simple stuff, but for me im just tired of getting up on most shots

i dont know how to find with what eye im looking when im down on the shot, all i know is that when im standing up i find the line of the aim with my right eye although the head is straight and i drop down my head straight, no movement at all.

the other thing i tried to put my cue straight down on the line of the aim, and build my stance around it. the cue looks dead straight with solid body stance, but i still am offline when down on the shot. im 100% sure something has to do with my aiming and finding the correct path to the pocket when down on the shot.
    the only thing my coach told me was that you find the line of the aim with one eye and when you are down in address position you aim through the other eye

Comment

good for you

Comment

I find it amazing just how much BS is centered around the dominant eye theory. What your coach told you about aiming with one eye and sighting with the other is not really true. Yes, you will naturally sight with one eye and normally it will always be the same eye. In right-handed players it will be the left eye in most cases, whether that eye is dominant or not.

It makes for a very poor set-up for a right-handed player to sight out of his right eye however there are some pros who do this, for instance Mark Allen who is a lefty and sights out of his left eye.

Remember, 'aiming' is the term used when standing behind the shot and 'sighting' is the term used when down in the address position.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          I find it amazing just how much BS is centered around the dominant eye theory. What your coach told you about aiming with one eye and sighting with the other is not really true. Yes, you will naturally sight with one eye and normally it will always be the same eye. In right-handed players it will be the left eye in most cases, whether that eye is dominant or not.

It makes for a very poor set-up for a right-handed player to sight out of his right eye however there are some pros who do this, for instance Mark Allen who is a lefty and sights out of his left eye.

Remember, 'aiming' is the term used when standing behind the shot and 'sighting' is the term used when down in the address position.
          i agree. but my coach was confused too
          he didnt have any solution
          he said dont move the cue under the right eye etc, but instead he said move your feet abit to the right of line of aim when about getting down on the shot. however i tried this and this feels so uncomfortable and i feel more offline

he also said, maybe you are not looking at the object ball or look at the angle while getting down. i did all this but i am still offline when im down.
          i swear i put my right leg on the line and head dead straight , but i alwys get up more than few times and still offline

can you think of any fault in my technique?
          i am so tired and frustrated at the moment caz i cannot find any solution for this problem. i always ignored this but this time i really wanted to fix this issue since its holding me back and i cannot improve

tnx terry

Comment

Snooker a simple game for complicated people

Comment

Hi mrafghan, try this, when you approach shot place line of cue through centre of cue ball to the left hand side of object ball, when you get down to play your shot you will find you are dead on line. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
                Hi mrafghan, try this, when you approach shot place line of cue through centre of cue ball to the left hand side of object ball, when you get down to play your shot you will find you are dead on line. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                Hello Roy, have you ever used the acuerite cue system and would you endorse it! All the best Crafty.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hello Cuecrafty, no I have never used acuerite system, so can not make any comment on it, all I can say is that I have always been able to get my students to cue correctly, but what I will say is that everyone is different. Depends on many things.nice to talk to you, all the best Roy of snooker secrets.

Comment

Working...
                  X