No announcement yet.

Staying still on the shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was a free book from Roy Chisholm if you stay still.

if you moved you get 2 free books from Roy Chisholm... ahem
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Steve Davis said his father used to stand behind him with a cue over his head and if his head hit the cue he got gently whacked with it. It's called negative reinforcement and I need some of it because I lift my head on the backswing which really pees me off!
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        same here

so what was it?
        was he standing behind you with a cricket bat poised for when you moved your head?
        Not quite it didn't involve any equipment...It's just a simple thing I was doing that was to do with how the brain functions...I'll tease you some more!
        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
          Not quite it didn't involve any equipment...It's just a simple thing I was doing that was to do with how the brain functions...I'll tease you some more!
          well that's a can of worms!
          thanks for the help
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You would think if a member has a coaching tip which might help out other members he would reveal and discuss it openly. The different coaches on here have always been open about any tips they have.
            Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              You would think if a member has a coaching tip which might help out other members he would reveal and discuss it openly. The different coaches on here have always been open about any tips they have.
              Terry, coaches charge a whack for info and tips - I'm not doing it to be funny - I'm just trying to make the thing a little bit more appealing - it really is quite basic when you think about it.

It's to do with the eyes and how they can actually control your body, (or in this case, head) and stop it from moving.

Comment

Terry, coaches charge a whack for info and tips - I'm not doing it to be funny - I'm just trying to make the thing a little bit more appealing - it really is quite basic when you think about it.

It's to do with the eyes and how they can actually control your body, (or in this case, head) and stop it from moving.
                Not many coaches on here charge for advice although all of us will charge for a one-on-one session.
                Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                  Not many coaches on here charge for advice although all of us will charge for a one-on-one session.
                  I'm not a coach though Terry - even though I'd love to!

Actually in your earlier post on this thread you mentioned about lifting your head up on back swing? It's to do with that (back swing) and the eyes.

If you work it out from there, you're a star!

Hendry does it.

Comment

It's just a simple thing I was doing that was to do with how the brain functions...I'll tease you some more!
                    lobotomy....

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                      lobotomy....
                      Not as intense as that hahaha

Comment

I'm not a coach though Terry - even though I'd love to!

Actually in your earlier post on this thread you mentioned about lifting your head up on back swing? It's to do with that (back swing) and the eyes.

If you work it out from there, you're a star!

Hendry does it.
                        Chris with all these expert tips and lessons have you managed to make a 16 yet?
                        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                          Chris with all these expert tips and lessons have you managed to make a 16 yet?
                          That's a bit rude mate - but yes, my highest in a frame is 43...

Line up is 76..

And I only get to play twice a week!

Comment

That's a bit rude mate - but yes, my highest in a frame is 43...

Line up is 76..

And I only get to play twice a week!
                            Guesses:

1. If you have your head tilted so your cheek slightly touches your collar bone, ensure it stays touching as your head can't go up unless you start to contort.

2. Chin stays on cue when the ball drops.

That's me done!

Whenever I record line ups or get footage of breaks when I have missed I guarantee it will be a long screw/stun shot and my head comes up massively. I look back at the video and fume as like a sodding meerkat up goes the head.

2014 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_vvViFgJko 13m 18 secs
                            2015 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYvTcw4Ks_E&t=143s 16 seconds
                            2016 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1BQhLuis0 3m 28 secs
                            2017 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTzKESzn5e4&t=149s 28 seconds

I missed a green a couple of weeks ago for an 80 in a match with the rest of the colours all on the spots and one of the guys said, "I think you lifted your head a bit there mate," I'm sure when I look at the footage it'll be the same as the above.

I think mines a build up in tension, the pause, then I move everything out of the way to get let the arm go through! When I'm working on it and everything is relaxed and balanced I stroke it, the timings great and the head is pretty still; as soon as there's a dodgy stun screw shot up comes the head.

I have worked on this for 5 years but when the tension comes something doesn't remind me and it's meerkat city!

A simple tip would be fantastic if it works.
                            Last edited by Shockerz; 10 April 2018, 05:49 PM.
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              Guesses:

1. If you have your head tilted so your cheek slightly touches your collar bone, ensure it stays touching as your head can't go up unless you start to contort.

2. Chin stays on cue when the ball drops.

That's me done!

Whenever I record line ups or get footage of breaks when I have missed I guarantee it will be a long screw/stun shot and my head comes up massively. I look back at the video and fume as like a sodding meerkat up goes the head.

2014 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_vvViFgJko 13m 18 secs
                              2015 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYvTcw4Ks_E&t=143s 16 seconds
                              2016 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1BQhLuis0 3m 28 secs
                              2017 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTzKESzn5e4&t=149s 28 seconds

I missed a green a couple of weeks ago for an 80 in a match with the rest of the colours all on the spots and one of the guys said, "I think you lifted your head a bit there mate," I'm sure when I look at the footage it'll be the same as the above.

I think mines a build up in tension, the pause, then I move everything out of the way to get let the arm go through! When I'm working on it and everything is relaxed and balanced I stroke it, the timings great and the head is pretty still; as soon as there's a dodgy stun screw shot up comes the head.

I have worked on this for 5 years but when the tension comes something doesn't remind me and it's meerkat city!

A simple tip would be fantastic if it works.
                              The tip:

Mr Cox said I was doing this. Looking too late at the OB on my final back swing which was causing my head to move on shot.

Instead, told me to look earlier at the OB on final back swing so that the eyes control the movement of the head (and the body)...

Said if the eyes look early at the OB, then the head has no need to move....Eyes control head...

When I deliver the cue now there is hardly any head movement...

Works for me...

A very simple tip I'm sure for some on here, but effective in my case...as head movement has been my bug bear in cue delivery...

The routine...Just playing simple shots making sure you look early at the OB on final back swing and then deliver cue on committed line of aim...

Brilliant tip from a brilliant coach Mr Cox...

Every tip I've learnt from him has worked, really recommend a lesson with him!

Comment

The tip:

Mr Cox said I was doing this. Looking too late at the OB on my final back swing which was causing my head to move on shot.

Instead, told me to look earlier at the OB on final back swing so that the eyes control the movement of the head (and the body)...

Said if the eyes look early at the OB, then the head has no need to move....Eyes control head...

When I deliver the cue now there is hardly any head movement...

Works for me...

A very simple tip I'm sure for some on here, but effective in my case...as head movement has been my bug bear in cue delivery...

The routine...Just playing simple shots making sure you look early at the OB on final back swing and then deliver cue on committed line of aim...

Brilliant tip from a brilliant coach Mr Cox...

Every tip I've learnt from him has worked, really recommend a lesson with him!
                                Struggling with that one Chris.

I switch my eyes to the object ball at the same time as my cue starts to go backwards on the final backswing.
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X