Choosing the line of aim before going down on the shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Stand behind the shot - select the line - fix your head on the OB - walk in with no sideways movement - drop cue down from above with bridge - put chin and chest on the cue.

If it looks like you're on the line, start your cueing arm...

If not, get up and begin the pre shot routine all over again.

The hard part is... once you're down, it's all too easy to stay down even if it's wrong... Be vigilant
    Totally concur.

I'm a tad fed up, and wary of being boring by keeping on posting this clip: but it makes a lot of sense and also try it with potting balls, not just the "spot" thing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQ8AOLGFxE

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      Totally concur.

I'm a tad fed up, and wary of being boring by keeping on posting this clip: but it makes a lot of sense and also try it with potting balls, not just the "spot" thing!!

Liked this clip. Interesting points. I might watch some of the other videos in the series.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        Totally concur.

The game drives you mad doesn't it. You think you are going down on the line of the shot and then use a video only to find out your foot is on the line but your head come from the side.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          Liked this clip. Interesting points. I might watch some of the other videos in the series.
          He is a good coach and a great guy but he makes me laugh .... sounds quite well spoken and articulate for a few sentences then says.... Wot he did worrrr - just the local Yorkshire twag.

I don't know why but it cracks me up like your mum putting on her best telephone voice.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
            The game drives you mad doesn't it. You think you are going down on the line of the shot and then use a video only to find out your foot is on the line but your head come from the side.
            Don't let anyone know: but I've just started getting on what I think is the line then taking a half step to my left so that when I Approach and get online, my right (Dominant) eye is online - oh and playing with a lil bit of "Helping Side" :wink:

Comment

Working...
            X