Who's used this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's used this?

SnookerZone has recently reviewed a soon to be launched product by Rob Reed, the Ghost Ball Potting, - I've reviewed it here...

https://snookerzone.co.uk/rob-reeds-...l-potting-aid/

Interestingly, there is a similar product made in Germany called the Pocket Sniper? I'm just curious if anyone has used it and which one would you go for if choosing out of these two training aids?
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

seen something like this some years ago I think from an American company?
    but that was not a simple as this

"Simply place the object ball underneath the red area on the card leaving the circle area on the card as the imaginary ghost ball."
    should this not read "Simply place the red area on the card underneath the object ball..."
    could be difficult trying to balance the card on the top of the object ball
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Corrected that - but I'm more interested in knowing if people have used the German version the Pocket Sniper as it's called?

Comment

I've got a sample of Robs and it is vert simple which is what's required, it is the size of a credit card and easily fits into a wallet.

For anyone struggling with angles then it will certainly give you a swift glimpse of what line to take. I like the fact that you can quickly use it to visualise the angle.

It's not complicated and I'm sure will be if use to many learning the game and angles.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

But the Ghost ball is garbage?

I'm far from a Nic B fan, but he has a Youtube of a contraption that proves it won't work?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
            I've got a sample of Robs and it is vert simple which is what's required, it is the size of a credit card and easily fits into a wallet.

For anyone struggling with angles then it will certainly give you a swift glimpse of what line to take. I like the fact that you can quickly use it to visualise the angle.

It's not complicated and I'm sure will be if use to many learning the game and angles.
            I like things that aren't complicated - plus, I think this sort of tool gives absolute beginners confidence to pot a few balls...And then they can move on etc...

Comment

If you think you need something like this then you have a cat in hells chance of being any good at cue sports. All you have to do is look at the lay of the cue ball and object ball and your brain automatically knows where the line of aim is because it knows that you're trying to contact one ball against another because you have a cue in your hand and you're playing snooker/pool/billiards.

If you don't look then you don't see, as a biker I understand this all too well and I was taught this by an instructer who simply told me to look where I wanted to go and the subconscious, that understands that you're on a bike and knows how a bike steers, will take you there. You don't have to think about it you only have to remember to look, which the dolt out walking his dog but focussing on his smartphone last week and walking straight into the road in front of me wasn't doing; at night, dark, great big vmax with open pipes and headlight on and totally oblivious to everything but his tiny little screen.

What you focus on will give you the result you deserve, good or bad, and not just your eyes but your whole attention. You have to be aware.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                If you think you need something like this then you have a cat in hells chance of being any good at cue sports. All you have to do is look at the lay of the cue ball and object ball and your brain automatically knows where the line of aim is because it knows that you're trying to contact one ball against another because you have a cue in your hand and you're playing snooker/pool/billiards.

If you don't look then you don't see, as a biker I understand this all too well and I was taught this by an instructer who simply told me to look where I wanted to go and the subconscious, that understands that you're on a bike and knows how a bike steers, will take you there. You don't have to think about it you only have to remember to look, which the dolt out walking his dog but focussing on his smartphone last week and walking straight into the road in front of me wasn't doing; at night, dark, great big vmax with open pipes and headlight on and totally oblivious to everything but his tiny little screen.

What you focus on will give you the result you deserve, good or bad, and not just your eyes but your whole attention. You have to be aware.
                Most of these training aids that are on the market - all have one thing in common! They all require you to have a good solid cue action whereby you deliver the cue straight on the line of aim.

I think most people IMHO who aren't progressing are probably not doing enough practice at muscle memory training for their cue arm.

I'd say you need to practice at least ten minutes a day wth some kind of tool that hones cueing, (something like Nic Barrow's CAT) but not as expensive!

Comment

Have you used this, tried it or even seen it? Do you think that you also need to be naturally good at Maths, English, Swimming, etc? Do you think asking for help is for losers?
                  It's funny and actually quite ironic.

Comment

Originally Posted by GreenLife View Post
                    Have you used this, tried it or even seen it? Do you think that you also need to be naturally good at Maths, English, Swimming, etc? Do you think asking for help is for losers?
                    It's funny and actually quite ironic.
                    Agree. If it was as simple as just looking at where you want the cue ball to go and your body will do the rest, than everybody would be a perfect cueist and cueing across the ball would be a thing of the past. Even most professionals never stop working on their technique.

Comment

I'm a poor player but I think there's no substitute for going down the club and committing to solo practice. Vary your routines and try to learn from the balls you miss, think about why you missed. Set yourself goals, try to beat your highest line up break, or improve in the t exercise. How many times out of ten can you clear the colours. Keep a diary and measure your progress.

If anyone wants a set of routines, I can send them. I'm going down the club today or tomorrow for a couple of hours practice. My problem is I haven't been dedicated enough but I'm determined to improve and beat my highest break of only 36.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                        Agree. If it was as simple as just looking at where you want the cue ball to go and your body will do the rest, than everybody would be a perfect cueist and cueing across the ball would be a thing of the past.
                        This is for working out the angles is it not, it will do nothing for your cue action, that's down to you.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

This is for working out the angles is it not, it will do nothing for your cue action, that's down to you.
                          It is, but you are implying that all you have to do is look at it and things will happen automatically which I don't believe to be the case. Otherwise we'd all be potting them off the lampshades with minimal effort.

Comment

Correct. There are many elements to be able to play snooker. Rob has never said this will solve all of them. And in fact has said that a decent cue action is required to be able to do this part of the game; potting. This is just to visualise and see where the cue ball needs to hit the object ball for it to go in a certain direction. It won't be for everyone and the target market is certainly not for pro's or amateur players. If you have a look on his website, it has been reviewed by many coaches and they have said how great it is. As per any training aid, it won't fix everything, it won't make you pro, it is used for a small part of your game and you need to put the practice hours in. There is no easy fix in anything; practice is required. This (and many other tools) just help some people. And if it helps just one person, then that's good for the sport.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                              It is, but you are implying that all you have to do is look at it and things will happen automatically which I don't believe to be the case. Otherwise we'd all be potting them off the lampshades with minimal effort.
                              How one reads certain posts is subconsciously biased to ones own misunderstanding of ones own shortcomings. If you're not seeing the angle or the line of aim then you're not looking at the proper targets, work that out first before employing some alledged potting aid.
                              None of these contraptions work or we'd all be buying one and potting them off the lampshades.

Comment

Working...
                              X