No announcement yet.

Tyrone cue for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most def- Prob all my MW cues would knock spots off most of JP offerings, but it's like you said, badge snobbery. Just shows you the power of TV and advertising!

Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Purely badge snobbery imo. If the badge said parris ultimate and i had it priced as i do now, or even double that price it would have sold in minutes, even with it being the less popular maple cue.

But thanks to the BBC the average Joe seems to think if its not a parris cue then its not worth looking at. Despite the fact their stock cues have a level of craftsmanship that's average at best. Trevor, Mike and Martin in terms of actual craftsmanship imo are leagues ahead of the standard JP puts out on a constant basis.

Comment

Thanks to both, I do login here to learn.... Surely not so relevant with maple as with whippy (as opposed to even stiff) Ash though?

Comment

The butt length for me is an aesthetic thing, 17" on a lot of cues looks to little. According to stamford they reckon a longer butt adds to the cues natural weight and balance distribution, in their history section here:

https://www.stamfordcuemakers.com/history

Comment

I used the word 'quirky' ref the design

Comment

Thanks to both, I'll read up tomorrow ie not wine drinkled, lol.

As a simpleton: a cue that I like the feel and playablity wins, then a classic\stylish butt design, like this one is the icing.... I'm not sure the length of the butt is aesthetically relevant (and I can be a bit of a tart ie I would need convincing to pick up a cue with, well any veneers tbh, let alone that monstrosity recently posted on the ebay thread, lol.

Comment

I personally prefer the shorter splice aesthetically instead of longer. 17 is plenty pretty for me

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                I personally prefer the shorter splice aesthetically instead of longer. 17 is plenty pretty for me
                Nothing beats a big old butt

Comment

Provisionally sold (again)

Comment

And relisted yet again due to the "balance point" not being suitable.

Comment

And relisted yet again due to the "balance point" not being suitable.
                      Ehh ?? what the hell is going on

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Ehh ?? what the hell is going on
                        First guy that "bought it" basically asked me for martin daleys phone number then just said i should relist it. Second guy can "only play" with 17/18 " balance point. Of course if this was a parris ultimate at that price balance point would obviously not matter. Love the tedium that goes along with selling cues.

My tw cue is going up in the next few weeks as well, as it has a really long butt be interesting to see the questions i get asked about that.
                        Last edited by narl; 10 March 2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

First guy that "bought it" basically asked me for martin daleys phone number then just said i should relist it. Second guy can "only play" with 17/18 " balance point. Of course if this was a parris ultimate at that price balance point would obviously not matter. Love the tedium that goes along with selling cues.

My tw cue is going up in the next few weeks as well, as it has a really long butt be interesting to see the questions i get asked about that.
                          What is the balance point by the way ? (it's not on your ad)
                          Whats the TW look like then and specs ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            What is the balance point by the way ? (it's not on your ad)
                            Whats the TW look like then and specs ?
                            About 20, butt length is 22 so its a more forward weight cue which is what stamford seem to like doing.

The tw is off being modified at the minute so not entirely sure til it comes back. Joint position is 21". Was posted here before with rosewood splicing, how it looks currently:

Comment

That's a well looking cue my friend , if it's ash , it should be sold in few days.

Comment

About 20, butt length is 22 so its a more forward weight cue which is what stamford seem to like doing.

The tw is off being modified at the minute so not entirely sure til it comes back. Joint position is 21". Was posted here before with rosewood splicing, how it looks currently:

First time I'm seeing arrows going both ways in line with the badge. Doesn't that put you off while sighting?

Comment

Working...
                                X