Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the so called ''chicken wing'' a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the so called ''chicken wing'' a problem?

After recording myself for a few sessions I've noticed that my elbow is not on the line of the shot (right-handed player ' elbow is sticking to the right hand side.) Was wondering if this is a problem or not. As far as i'm aware, the only fault in my cueing seems to be a minimal amount of unintentional left-hand side spin on the cue ball. Wondering if its worth fixing or not? Cheers.
    ''It's just really drafty to be honest'' - Kyren Wilson

Ray Reardon 6 world titles, Mark Williams 2 world titles, John Parrott 1 world title so the answer is no. Just make sure your upper arm doesn't drop from the shoulder before the strike; if it does then shorten your bridge to cue ball length to make sure your address position is slightly back from the vertical, if your sighting along the cue suffers when you do this then get a cue an inch longer so that you can.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      Ray Reardon 6 world titles, Mark Williams 2 world titles, John Parrott 1 world title so the answer is no. Just make sure your upper arm doesn't drop from the shoulder before the strike; if it does then shorten your bridge to cue ball length to make sure your address position is slightly back from the vertical, if your sighting along the cue suffers when you do this then get a cue an inch longer so that you can.
      Basically correct, but those three did it because their dominant eye was the opposite from their dominant hand (Mark williams favored slightly his right eye, while he is left handed; parrot and Reardon favored left eyes while being right handed). Therefore, they had to compensate a bit for the position this puts them in by "chicken wing"ing.

If your right-eye dominant, you probably shouldn't do it. Otherwise, Just make sure you do it minimally; don't straighten it out completely if its uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally Posted by bagpiper13579 View Post
        Basically correct, but those three did it because their dominant eye was the opposite from their dominant hand (Mark williams favored slightly his right eye, while he is left handed; parrot and Reardon favored left eyes while being right handed). Therefore, they had to compensate a bit for the position this puts them in by "chicken wing"ing.

If your right-eye dominant, you probably shouldn't do it. Otherwise, Just make sure you do it minimally; don't straighten it out completely if its uncomfortable.
        Didn't Reardon do it due to a shoulder injury?!
        Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Working...
        X