Tiger Cues Warrington Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by aka_dino View Post
    Thanks for the pointer, a little late for me but I am sure that this info will be of benefit to my brother. I am kicking myself now - Tiger don't do a 60" in ash so I had to opt for maple. I see that woods do a really nice ash 60" for half the money!! I rushed into that one!
    I think you find the Tiger cue is the better option mate ....they are from a top cue maker in China and then finished off in The North West by the seller ....good value for the money

Comment

Thanks for the pointer, a little late for me but I am sure that this info will be of benefit to my brother. I am kicking myself now - Tiger don't do a 60" in ash so I had to opt for maple. I see that woods do a really nice ash 60" for half the money!! I rushed into that one!
      He does a full refund just send it back.

Comment

Well oddly enough, the guy at Tiger Cues was very slow to process the order so I cancelled. I took the opportunity to purchase a Woods Cue on ebay. It came with a damaged tip, a discoloured ferrule (looks like water damage) and to add insult to injury, it was bent! The seller has not yet responded to a RETURNS claim and I notice, now, that his feedback is not 100%. The sellers name is: Tinnyluvlu. I am going to drive to Littlehampton and buy one off the rack so I know what I am getting. Ebay is a breeding ground for Crims! As for Woods...........I'll pass!

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          He does a full refund just send it back.
          Well oddly enough, the guy at Tiger Cues was very slow to process the order so I cancelled. I took the opportunity to purchase a Woods Cue on ebay. It came with a damaged tip, a discoloured ferrule (looks like water damage) and to add insult to injury, it was bent! The seller has not yet responded to a RETURNS claim and I notice, now, that his feedback is not 100%. The sellers name is: Tinnyluvlu. I am going to drive to Littlehampton and buy one off the rack so I know what I am getting. Ebay is a breeding ground for Crims! As for Woods...........I'll pass!

Original Source: Tiger Cues Warrington Review http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz4pGPw6P4d
          - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
          Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Comment

Just seen this on eBay item no 253090612131 being sold by adr147 looks identical to a model tiger cues sell the azazel. but for £50.00 more and without the mini butt looks the same but could be wrong.

Comment

You are all better off buying one of my cues - http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...cided+make+cue

Comment

I see adr is stating that it's made in Thailand it's exactly the same cue as tiger cues is selling just badged up different.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                  I see adr is stating that it's made in Thailand it's exactly the same cue as tiger cues is selling just badged up different.
                  and likely refinished to a much better standard.

Comment

It's exactly the same cue just £50.00 more. apparently there as good as any cue you can buy anywhere Kinda doubtful it's a tiger cue just badged different.

Comment

Original Source: Tiger Cues Warrington Review http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz4pGPw6P4d
                      - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                      Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook
                      Okay, I have to reply to my own post and set the record straight. The Woods cue that I purchased on ebay did come with a damaged tip and I believed that it was bent until my brother told me that I was testing it incorrectly. I negotiated a partial refund, £15, to allow for a re-tip and shape. The cue is actually a really nice cue and, all in all, I think that I got a great deal............... 3/4 Ash cue, 6" mini ext, telescopic ext and carrying case, after refund £65. It plays well, so I can't complain.

Comment

Okay, I have to reply to my own post and set the record straight. The Woods cue that I purchased on ebay did come with a damaged tip and I believed that it was bent until my brother told me that I was testing it incorrectly. I negotiated a partial refund, £15, to allow for a re-tip and shape. The cue is actually a really nice cue and, all in all, I think that I got a great deal............... 3/4 Ash cue, 6" mini ext, telescopic ext and carrying case, after refund £65. It plays well, so I can't complain.
                        well you did complain and I have to say I think you were wrong to do so... damaged tip 15 quid - no wonder cue sellers lose patience dealing with people.
                        You got a decent cue set for under a hundred and you have the nerve to complain about a tip moaning about it being bent when it was not and you get 15 quid refund....what the hell....

Comment

I might be wrong on this and feel free anyone to correct me but usually don't most the cheap end range of cues come fitted with a cement brick like tip that always needs changing anyhow?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            I might be wrong on this and feel free anyone to correct me but usually don't most the cheap end range of cues come fitted with a cement brick like tip that always needs changing anyhow?
                            For me, I take it for granted that all cues I sell with probably have the tips changed and the same for all cues I buy, just a personal opinion.

If someone wants a specific tip on it then fine, you can fit it prior to sending; that aside, they go out with an Elk or Blue Diamond.
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

well you did complain and I have to say I think you were wrong to do so... damaged tip 15 quid - no wonder cue sellers lose patience dealing with people.
                              You got a decent cue set for under a hundred and you have the nerve to complain about a tip moaning about it being bent when it was not and you get 15 quid refund....what the hell....
                              Post of the day.
                              Worst thing about selling on eBay isn't the fees, it's dealing with buyers who are complete bellends (and eBay who side with them). £15 discount to replace a tip???
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Old cue collector --
                              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Why shouldn't he complain? He's entitled to delivery of goods as described under the sale of goods act. If people don't complain we'll go back to the 70s and put up with dross again. If the courier has damaged the tip, then the seller should claim from them. Plenty of sellers out there sharking joe bloggs with imported cues/car boot finds and they make plenty of profit, which is fine by me so long as they meet their responsibilities. If the seller hasn't bothered to check the goods before sending, he should pay for being dim. If the seller has deliberately sent shoddy goods, he should pay. I photograph anything I sell, so that I can claim or show the buyer is being liberal with the truth.
                                Last edited by Little Reggie; 23 August 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X