Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    19 quid a block for chalk is crazy money.
    It is crazy, just took my eye as a pool player on Facebook was saying it was so good and then Matt Selt on Twitter gave it the thumbs up. From Taom it's 15 euros but still plenty for a block of chalk.
    Yeah I saw Matt Selt saying it's the best chalk he's ever used, still think even at €15 it's stupidly expensive though mate

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
      Well I had more kicks from the triangle Pro, than any other chalk I've tried and will not use it again
      What were you on before and does it compare favourably?

Tbh, I'm still in shock about the Pewter\Silver stuff.

Were all these with the Long ba tips?

I am learning that the tip-cue combo is kinda relevant.....

Comment

I'm using the Triangle Spruce for long.
        Lately I tried a few Mastet Chalks, but is the RED, BLACK & WHITE !
        Mis-cueing very often, especially when cue ball at cushion tight.
        Notice that the chalk just don't stick to the tip !
        Or maybe these 2 just can't get along ?
        They are now all in the dustbin. LOL

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
          What were you on before and does it compare favourably?

Tbh, I'm still in shock about the Pewter\Silver stuff.

Were all these with the Long ba tips?

I am learning that the tip-cue combo is kinda relevant.....
          I was on Master's green before and went back to it.
          The kicks stopped, just couldn't believe how many I was getting!!
          Using the BA long tips now but was elk at the time..

Getting the silver cup at the mo and happy with it at the mo
          For that one you've always wanted...
          https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

re the PRo's: as I posted on here a while ago, when I bought it at Craftsman Cues he did say that it is on the verge of being banned at Pro level, due to the Ref's complaining about the incessant CB cleaning....

I am starting to think that a thread with a list at the top of tip and chalk combo's is a good idea. I have been doing some digging on old threads here and have read that some chalks work better with Laminates and others with Pressed.....

Comment

Well I had more kicks from the triangle Pro, than any other chalk I've tried and will not use it again
              I agree with you 100%. I bought a few blocks to try out when it was introduced. First thing I noticed was it made a helluva mess of the cue ball and there was more kicks. Went back to the normal green triangle. Couldn't give the pro stuff away. Nobody liked it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                I agree with you 100%. I bought a few blocks to try out when it was introduced. First thing I noticed was it made a helluva mess of the cue ball and there was more kicks. Went back to the normal green triangle. Couldn't give the pro stuff away. Nobody liked it.
                I was lucky that I didn't buy it, so didn't lose that way...
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                  I really like it, it is a bit more noticible on the cue ball but I've had no problems with kicks.

Comment

Got some Silver Cup chalk in green! it is ****e!!!!!! leaves green dots on the cue ball. had some triangle spruce but cant seem to find it anywhere.

Comment

Lots of mention of the triangle spruce chalk

Can someone please tell me what the different is bwteen the spruce and the normal triangle chalk?

Comment

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post
                        Lots of mention of the triangle spruce chalk

Can someone please tell me what the different is bwteen the spruce and the normal triangle chalk?
                        The Triangle Green and Spruce chalk are made with the same ingredients apart from the colourant.
                        But the two chalks are different in their playing characteristics, I find the Spruce is less dusty and goes on easily and stays on longer than Green, does not mark the cue ball as much (not that Green marks much either).
                        I use Triangle Spruce on pressed tips, apparently people have not liked it on laminated tips; Master chalk is better suited for lams I have found.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          The Triangle Green and Spruce chalk are made with the same ingredients apart from the colourant.
                          But the two chalks are different in their playing characteristics, I find the Spruce is less dusty and goes on easily and stays on longer than Green, does not mark the cue ball as much (not that Green marks much either).
                          I use Triangle Spruce on pressed tips, apparently people have not liked it on laminated tips; Master chalk is better suited for lams I have found.
                          Thank you.

Will try getting hold of some

Comment

It's Masters Green for me.

Comment

Went for some Masters Blue in the end. Wait & see how i get on with it.

Comment

masters green for me on an ADR tip. no need to chalk every shot, which is good for me as i often forget anyway!!!

i have a couple (i think) of the triangle spruce blocks going spare if anyone needs them? (pm me) its too thick for my liking and marks the cueball a lot in my opinion.

I'll be stocking up again and going for the masters green again.
                                http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X