Having A Cue Cut Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having A Cue Cut Down

Afternoon All,If I Got A Hunt&O'Byrne Black Plate And Had It Taken Down To 58 From 59 Would It Be Visible And De Value The Cue.Any Idea Of The Price And Where To Take The Cue I Would Imagine Will Hunt?
    Thanks People!
    David

I doubt Will Hunt has the equipment any more to do such work.
    I assume you mean to remove an inch from the ferrule end and re-taper, and not the butt end
    Most cue makers and cue doctors would be able to do the work.
    Reducing from (what is generally regarded) as a long cue, down to (what is generally regarded) "standard" length wont hurt the value. - except...
    H&Ob cues are valued by many and maybe to some a non-original cue could be worth less than an original condition cue.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi Dean,I Can Send You Some Photos Of The Cue In Question If You Can Inbox Me Your Email Address And You Maybe Able To Shed Some Light On The Cue If You Feel Its Original Or Not.Thanks David

Comment

I think i woud keep it as it is pall .mind put pics up so wee can all drool
        Current playing cue Trevor White
        3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Drb1974 View Post
          Afternoon All,If I Got A Hunt&O'Byrne Black Plate And Had It Taken Down To 58 From 59 Would It Be Visible And De Value The Cue.Any Idea Of The Price And Where To Take The Cue I Would Imagine Will Hunt?
          Thanks People!
          David
          I just had my Glover taken down from 59" to 57" plus the weight reduced & my ferrule reduced to 9mm from 9.8mm.

Tony done it total cost £55 excluding shipping.

Comment

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
            I just had my Glover taken down from 59" to 57" plus the weight reduced & my ferrule reduced to 9mm from 9.8mm.

Tony done it total cost £55 excluding shipping.
            I can do it, depending on where you are.
            Just extend a Parris for a friend
            For that one you've always wanted...
            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

If you sold it , it would probably go to Asia and get chopped anyway, saying that it gives me the hebejebes altering cues, I have this notion that they are made to the length they should be and that's that, of course it's nonsense but it's how I feel.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I think the fact its that length makes it rarer still and worth more. Leave it - sell it for 2 grand go on holiday buy a new bike a coouple of cues a few loose women a bottle of JD and a Cuban Havana ... and still have change for a bag of chips on way home

Comment

Thanks For All The Messages Great Advice As Usual.Byron Do You Think Its Worth More Then At 59 Or Are You Joking!?

Comment

Sorry Bud Byrom!

Comment

Originally Posted by Drb1974 View Post
                      Thanks For All The Messages Great Advice As Usual.Byron Do You Think Its Worth More Then At 59 Or Are You Joking!?
                      Where did you buy it Drb? Do you know 100% that it's real?

Comment

Working...
                      X