What are your snooker questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your snooker questions?

If you have a snooker question, or something you'd like an answer to, post it below. I'm trying to make more videos, so any suggestions people have, or things they would like advice about, post them, and I'll try and help!
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve,

first of I like what you are doing, keep it up

question, do you vary more in where you hit the white (top to bottom, not side), or do you vary more in the power/speed u use for position.
    If that makes any sense... if it does maybe you could make a video on this subject.

regards
    matt

Comment

You did very well with the Les Edwards Snooker Challenge a few years ago. I think everyone enjoyed it. Perhaps you could put it onto youtube.

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
        Hi Steve,

first of I like what you are doing, keep it up

question, do you vary more in where you hit the white (top to bottom, not side), or do you vary more in the power/speed u use for position.
        If that makes any sense... if it does maybe you could make a video on this subject.

regards
        matt
        Thanks Matt. I will try and do something along those lines for you.

Comment

Originally Posted by cole46 View Post
          You did very well with the Les Edwards Snooker Challenge a few years ago. I think everyone enjoyed it. Perhaps you could put it onto youtube.
          Yes this may be useful to go through a few of those exercises. Thanks!

Comment

Will you or won't you get into side some time in the future knowing that you're going to take some flack from the transfer spin moonies
            I won't blame you if you pass on this one, if you do then light the blue touch paper and stand well back.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              Will you or won't you get into side some time in the future knowing that you're going to take some flack from the transfer spin moonies
              I won't blame you if you pass on this one, if you do then light the blue touch paper and stand well back.
              I'm sure I will make a video about side at some point in the future.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                If you have a snooker question, or something you'd like an answer to, post it below. I'm trying to make more videos, so any suggestions people have, or things they would like advice about, post them, and I'll try and help!
                Hi. By way of background, I live in the US, am 68 years old, and do not play any cue sports in real life. I DO however love the game of snooker, and watch videos and as much live streaming as I can. I also play the game on-line (VP4), and it seems to be every bit as challenging as I would imagine a professional table to be.

I found your instructional video on running the colours to be most illuminating. The way you explained where you wanted to get, and why, and how, has made me see things more clearly as I play in my on-line world.

But you started out with the white in an ideal spot, and (being the gifted player you are), hardly got out of position until the end. Here is what I would like to see from you in future:

I would love a series on running the colors, with one video dedicated to each color. Because, lets face it, that first white may have been anywhere. And, I would surmise, when it is in different locations, getting to the green might entail a different strategy. Maybe you’d be aiming for a different spot on the table, putting the green into a different pocket, going off a cushion (or not), etc. If you were to place the white in several spots, and explain the options as you did in your video, it would be most helpful. To me, at least.

Another video for green to brown scenarios, etc. through to the black.

That’s my input. Keep up the good work, I’ll watch anything you post!

Comment

Originally Posted by Vanwinkle View Post
                  I would love a series on running the colors, with one video dedicated to each color. Because, lets face it, that first white may have been anywhere. And, I would surmise, when it is in different locations, getting to the green might entail a different strategy. Maybe you’d be aiming for a different spot on the table, putting the green into a different pocket, going off a cushion (or not), etc. If you were to place the white in several spots, and explain the options as you did in your video, it would be most helpful. To me, at least.
                  I recall such a series done by j6uk some time ago doing just this (only got to the Blue I think?)
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Vanwinkle View Post
                    Hi. By way of background, I live in the US, am 68 years old, and do not play any cue sports in real life. I DO however love the game of snooker, and watch videos and as much live streaming as I can. I also play the game on-line (VP4), and it seems to be every bit as challenging as I would imagine a professional table to be.

I found your instructional video on running the colours to be most illuminating. The way you explained where you wanted to get, and why, and how, has made me see things more clearly as I play in my on-line world.

But you started out with the white in an ideal spot, and (being the gifted player you are), hardly got out of position until the end. Here is what I would like to see from you in future:

Another video for green to brown scenarios, etc. through to the black.

That’s my input. Keep up the good work, I’ll watch anything you post!
                    Thanks very much! I think these suggestions are a good idea.

Make sure you subscribe to the channel for updates!

Comment

Hi there Steve.

I have just logged onto the site. I am looking for beyond what I have picked up from Barry Stark. What distance is ideal if the cue is on the correct line, should your hips be from the cue.

Comment

Hi Steve

I just wondered if you had any experience with the yips or cueitis via coaching or otherwise? I see a lot of coaches mentioning technique and not too much about the mental side.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ing-the-Turtle

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-Yippee-Ki-Yay

Comment

Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
                          Hi Steve

I just wondered if you had any experience with the yips or cueitis via coaching or otherwise? I see a lot of coaches mentioning technique and not too much about the mental side.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ing-the-Turtle

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-Yippee-Ki-Yay
                          Hi there.

I certainly have a few things I would try with a player that had the yips. There is a guy that plays in my club that has them and I have helped him quite a bit.

I think the problem is, because it's such a complex psychological issue, I really think you'd need to actually spend time with a person face to face and have a chat about things. I don't think there is one method that can work for all players. You'd need to find out specifically what is bothering a player, and then work out a plan to get them to hit the ball with freedom.

Sorry I can't be more help than that. I just think because it's such a personal thing, what would work for one person, wouldn't necessarily help another at all.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Great initiative.

I play snooker for some years now. Participating in the local competition.
                            What I'm still struggling with....finding centre ball.
                            Also how to grip the cue properly....in most cases I think i do a decent job.
                            However in stressfull situations....during matchplay or powershots I often totally mess up things.
                            Any advice in that area is more then welcome.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                              Hi there.

I certainly have a few things I would try with a player that had the yips. There is a guy that plays in my club that has them and I have helped him quite a bit.

I think the problem is, because it's such a complex psychological issue, I really think you'd need to actually spend time with a person face to face and have a chat about things. I don't think there is one method that can work for all players. You'd need to find out specifically what is bothering a player, and then work out a plan to get them to hit the ball with freedom.

Sorry I can't be more help than that. I just think because it's such a personal thing, what would work for one person, wouldn't necessarily help another at all.
                              Makes sense Steve, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Comment

Working...
                              X