Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    ... even winning a Corvette once in 1979 (the story with photos was in Pot Black magazine in 1986).
    FYI TD, it was Pot Gold magazine and was there not a sum of CAN$250,000 mentioned
    love the picture of the corvette
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
      P.S.. I think you have been given some wrong instruction along your short career.
      Seems to be something of an epidemic among "Snooker Coaches"

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        FYI TD, it was Pot Gold magazine and was there not a sum of CAN$250,000 mentioned
        love the picture of the corvette
        Thanks for the correction Dean. I forgot the $250K because I was never paid that amount, just the Corvette which was worth around $15K at that time and then some cash too but not a large amount. I made him pay the green fees too as it was about 30hrs of table time.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
          Seems to be something of an epidemic among "Snooker Coaches"
          OK Slasher, we get it, you don't like snooker coaches. You don't have to go on and on and on about it. Even though you yourself give coaching advice on here so I presume you also hate yourself. Roy has got the wrong idea regarding me with this comment. It hasn't been a 'short career' but then again maybe my career has been short compared to his starting in 1944, which is before I was born. I didn't start playing until around 1959 or so and that was pool at first and then interrupted by over 20 years in the Navy and restarted around 1980 or so. So I guess we can say that I really do have a short 40 year career compared to Roy's 75 years or so. Not many can say that I'll bet.

I also don't believe I've been given the wrong instructions by Nic Barrow and Terry Griffiths along with books by Joe Davis and Frank Callan. If Roy is saying these leading lights have given me 'some wrong instruction' then I think he is sadly mistaken, as are you.
          Terry Davidson

Comment

• okay you win
            Last edited by Slasher; 30 January 2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
              okay you win
              I see you edited your post as it isn't the one I got on the email notification. I wanted to ask you what you though was 'something of an epidemic' as I'm not clear if it was what I said or what Roy is proposing.
              Terry Davidson

Comment

• Hi Terry, think we got off on wrong foot, I think that anyone not just coaches who can help each other in the great game of snooker should do so, we all have our different opinions which is good I must say, what works for one does not for the other, but by all means do try different ways, you will find the best way that suits the particular style that is adopted. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Hi Terry, think we got off on wrong foot, I think that anyone not just coaches who can help each other in the great game of snooker should do so, we all have our different opinions which is good I must say, what works for one does not for the other, but by all means do try different ways, you will find the best way that suits the particular style that is adopted. All the best Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                  I can agree with that
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

• Sounds to me that you do not understand the game. Seems to me that you just make up negative thoughts. Never mind you will perhaps learn one day. Roy of Snooker Secrets. By the way the technique DOES work, you just don't understand it.

Comment

• I would just like to add to all those just taking up the game, do not take the readings of text books on snooker as gospel. The diagrams are drawn in straight lines to show you directions of cue ball and object ball, but take it from me the cb does NOT go in straight line even if you are a great cueman, your vision alters to the way you are curing, so whatever your cueing action is, keep it the same and just alter your point of aim. Hope this helps to all. Roy.

Comment

• I've got a great mixture of different parts from different coaches. In my humble opinion, you don't just listen to one coach, you listen to lots and pick out the bits which work.

With Roy's Snooker Secrets - the aiming off the pocket works for me!

With Brian Cox, he's taught me a great little walk in, and PSR that I am smashing now...Totally in the zone.

With Nic Barrow, the aim frame and UTB have really helped with my positional play re CB.

And also with some videos on Youtube from Snooker Pro Tips, there's some other great advice on routines.

And David Horrix's complete book of Snooker Shots on Amazon is a great little book for practicing individual shots! I really recommend Horrix's book The Super Maximum Training System for putting some pressure in your routines! ....Read here...https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/20...002282677.html
                        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

I would just like to add to all those just taking up the game, do not take the readings of text books on snooker as gospel. The diagrams are drawn in straight lines to show you directions of cue ball and object ball, but take it from me the cb does NOT go in straight line even if you are a great cueman, your vision alters to the way you are curing, so whatever your cueing action is, keep it the same and just alter your point of aim. Hope this helps to all. Roy.
                          Hi Roy,

One question: I understand that when the shot is angled, you need to aim off the pocket for a roll, and more further off when it's a power shot.

However, one thing I am not clear is, when it's a dead straight pot, where do you aim? Or do you just point the tip at the centre of the OB?

Cheers...

Comment

Sounds to me that you do not understand the game. Seems to me that you just make up negative thoughts. Never mind you will perhaps learn one day. Roy of Snooker Secrets. By the way the technique DOES work, you just don't understand it.
                            If this was meant for me Roy, then I agree this technique will work for YOU and perhaps a few others like chrisg on here but for the majority of players the Joe Davis technique or today's form of it by Nic Barrow or Terry Griffiths seems to work more consistently. I have never seen a tournament player, pro or otherwise, using your technique although I assume there must be some around somewhere.
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• Chrisg. Have to agree. Listen to what the coaches say and pick out the bits that work for you. The great Joe Davis said there was only one way to play snooker and it was HIS way, however, Frank Callan maintained that we are all individuals therefor what is right for one person isn't necessarily right for someone else. Good example is arm straight or arm bent!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                                If this was meant for me Roy, then I agree this technique will work for YOU and perhaps a few others like chrisg on here but for the majority of players the Joe Davis technique or today's form of it by Nic Barrow or Terry Griffiths seems to work more consistently. I have never seen a tournament player, pro or otherwise, using your technique although I assume there must be some around somewhere.
                                Terry, most people see the shot differently to what the textbooks teach! My foot is nowhere the line of the shot now, and I seem to be potting well. In fact, my right foot is well over and my left foot is almost on the line! It's just how I see the shot.

What I am saying is the textbook doesn't cater for people's vision lines. That's why SightRight has become so powerful recently in the game IMHO

Comment

Working...
                                X