Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker coach Reg Davies

Hi all

Today I encountered Reg Davies. We chatted for a while and to me he seemed to be a great guy with bags of experience. Does anyone have experience with is coaching?

Regards

Hmmm. As far as I know he is no longer an EASB referee and certainly isn't one of their certified coaches!

Comment

I've played down Swinton club and cant say I've heard much about him... but if you're in the North West area and want a coach look up John Farnworth or possibly Roger Leighton.
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
        I've played down Swinton club and cant say I've heard much about him... but if you're in the North West area and want a coach look up John Farnworth or possibly Roger Leighton.
        I would deffo second the above john Farnworth is a top draw coach, very good on both the technical and mental side of the game

Comment

Originally Posted by Kristof135 View Post
          Hi all

Today I encountered Reg Davies. We chatted for a while and to me he seemed to be a great guy with bags of experience. Does anyone have experience with is coaching?

Regards
          whatever coach you take advise form, your always only ever gonna take from it what you will. its so important to do your own homework, on and off the the table. besides there's no harm in trying a lesson or two if only to see how you get on working together.. from my own experience the ones who were too technical and kept talking were not the best
          Last edited by j6uk; 21 May 2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGav
            Hello.

Just re read my post here and it is not the most positive post I have ever written. The lad that Reg Davies coached at my club has now won the local town championship and makes regular century breaks. Reg coached Paul Hunter and many other professionals and has academies up in the North west where he lives. Like I said my friend is also coached by him and thinks of him as a great coach. He is a very experienced coach.
            trying to remember the name of the lad from totty who coaches as well, hes pretty good

Comment

Very good coach reg Davis has a good track record of coaching youngsters , he has coached couple of local youngsters who are showing some great promise 19yr old josh Thomond was runner up in last weeks premier jnr tour final and 14yr old kayden brielly just made local paper headlines making a147 both these lads play in my club and are very very good players, reg has coached these from about 10yr olds

Comment

Reg agrees he is not a member of the amateur body (EASB) as a referee or coach.

However he is an International and Professional snooker coach and is registered with the WPBSA. (Friend)

Comment

Hello everyone.

It seems that a comment I made on this forum a couple of years ago has upset Reg and so I just wish to apologise to him for that and say that I didn't mean anything by it. If anyone needs a coach in the north west then maybe you could check him out. He runs a couple of academies and has been coaching since before I was born (a good many years).

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
                    Very good coach reg Davis has a good track record of coaching youngsters , he has coached couple of local youngsters who are showing some great promise 19yr old josh Thomond was runner up in last weeks premier jnr tour final and 14yr old kayden brielly just made local paper headlines making a147 both these lads play in my club and are very very good players, reg has coached these from about 10yr olds
                    Josh thomond lol hes about as promising as a golden turd.

Comment

whatever coach you take advise form, your always only ever gonna take from it what you will. its so important to do your own homework, on and off the the table. besides there's no harm in trying a lesson or two if only to see how you get on working together.. from my own experience the ones who were too technical and kept talking were not the best
                      Add my name to J6's comment... Old thread but his comment is on the mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X