No announcement yet.

2019 Snooker Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a look at it.Absolute garbage.I can only assume the audience have all had their brains removed.I'll watch the pool on Freesports.
    :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
      Just had a look at it.Absolute garbage.I can only assume the audience have all had their brains removed.I'll watch the pool on Freesports.
      The crowd are absolute morons, there’s no getting away from that, and I think there’s a serious case for doing away with this aspect. The format isn’t that stupid and the crowd behaviour should reflect this. I’m not suggesting the silence we’re used to in the real game, but certainly not the animals that are currently part of the game.
      Last edited by Billy; 22 February 2019, 03:08 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I came across it last night when I was flicking through channels while making dinner, and I lost interest after about 30 seconds and just moved on... It's completely devoid of almost everything that makes snooker great. I just can't justify wasting my time on this when there are other things I could be doing. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          The crowd are absolute morons, there’s no getting away from that, and I think there’s a serious case for doing away with this aspect. The format isn’t that stupid and the crowd behaviour should reflect this. I’m not suggesting the silence we’re used to in the real game, but certainly not the animals that are currently part of the game.

I agree with this. There's a different set of strategy and mindset playing the shootout but for a ranking event, player performance shouldn't be affected by howling yobs.

Comment

The crowd being disrespectful and going mental is the only thing the event has going for it!

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              The crowd being disrespectful and going mental is the only thing the event has going for it!
              Disrespectful is one thing (not that I think it has any place anywhere) but how long will it be before the tanked up lager louts start shouting racist/sexist slurs?
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

People say offensive things... That's never gonna change... Let em crack on with it.

Comment

Well I was looking forward to this, but I think my views have now gone full circle: hating it, loving it, and back to hating it. The crowd have always irritated me at this event but this year they're extra moronic. I dare say it's my age but life's too short to endure cokheads like this.

Comment

So is it on telly somewhere tonight ? or just a sky thing

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      So is it on telly somewhere tonight ? or just a sky thing
                      As far as I know it is only on Eurosport.

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                        As far as I know it is only on Eurosport.
                        I just looked ahead, seems it's on Quest ch 37 tomoz, but not tonight for some reason

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          I just looked ahead, seems it's on Quest ch 37 tomoz, but not tonight for some reason
                          When Quest share the snooker coverage with Eurosport they don't show evening sessions until the semis. It's the same for all the tournaments.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            Why do players display their offspring at every opportunity, like some damn trophy? Do they think they've done something clever by throwing their seed up someone?
                            It started with Alex in '82 which was spontaneous, but now it's staged and means nothing, except to the kids who think they're famous and can maybe grow up to be a professional celebrity son or daughter of, like Callum Best the shallow *&£@$+.
                            Still his name is all his father gave to him I suppose.
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                              It started with Alex in '82 which was spontaneous [...]
                              Yeah, that was genuine and heartfelt. As you say, not the same thing at all.

Comment

Watched a little bit while at work and still it does nothing for me. It's really annoying, but if the players have fun with it: good for them.
                                But as I've stated before: This never should be a ranking event!!!!!!

So players can gain important points here that could become a deciding factor in some regards:
                                1) Stuart Bingham fights against David Gilbert and Kyren Wilson for a spot in the Tour Championship, where only the Top 8 players of this season are allowed to compete. This is another tournament by the way, which shouldn't be a ranking event.

2) Of course many players fight to stay in the Top 64 and on the tour.

3) You can gain important points to get closer or to protect your place in the Top 16, which of course would guarantee a spot at the Crucible. Though thankfully the Shoot-Out alone won't help to get into the Top 16 immediately as the gaps are to big. But obviously in the end it could make a difference if you win this tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X