No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard luck Stu, no shame in that performance. Happy Birthday Baz.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• That was a llllloooooooonnnnnnngggggg match

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        That was a llllloooooooonnnnnnngggggg match
        It involved Barry Hawkins. Don't know what it is but he seems to cop for these late-night slogs more so than any other player!
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          :biggrin-new:

It's no surprise RO criticised this ref. Why does he re-spot the colours so damn slowly? He places it down above the spot, pauses for about three-minutes, and then rolls it onto its spot like he's in super-slo-mo.
          He is very theatrical isn't he ?
          Yep, very arrogant and pompous imo, probably takes longer to do his hair than that match lasted lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
            Yep, very arrogant and pompous imo, probably takes longer to do his hair than that match lasted lol.
            Maybe refs should get their own walk-on music

Pomp and Circumstance, anyone?
            Last edited by Billy; 24 April 2018, 12:10 AM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I heard from someone who does Hawkeye at Wimbledon that the line judges are selected not based on their vision and judgment at calling balls moving at high speed in or out, but at their ability to shout 'FAULT!' in as loud and dramatic a fashion as possible.

Maybe the snooker refs are selected from the same pool?

Comment

• Classy from Jack....

Comment

• Originally Posted by ManiaMuse View Post
                  I heard from someone who does Hawkeye at Wimbledon that the line judges are selected not based on their vision and judgment at calling balls moving at high speed in or out, but at their ability to shout 'FAULT!' in as loud and dramatic a fashion as possible.

Maybe the snooker refs are selected from the same pool?
                  i would love it if this were true

Comment

• Bingham is so negative. Its almost like he enjoys sucking the life out of his opponents by dragging out frames and matches

Comment

• Originally Posted by strike101 View Post
                      Bingham is so negative. Its almost like he enjoys sucking the life out of his opponents by dragging out frames and matches
                      I really struggle watching, same with Hawkins tbh...

I do like Jack's cue action and rhythm though (NO innuendos etc intended)

Comment

• And good to see Jack winning the scrappy Frames......

A penny for what was going through his head before playing safe off the Blue

Comment

• Lisowski always strikes me as a likeable character, but I don't like watching him very much. He has a lovely cue action, but he is going for sooo many risky shots. It's working for him today so far, cause Bingham misses many chances, but Lisowski really should opt more often for a safety.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                            Lisowski always strikes me as a likeable character, but I don't like watching him very much. He has a lovely cue action, but he is going for sooo many risky shots. It's working for him today so far, cause Bingham misses many chances, but Lisowski really should opt more often for a safety.
                            But then it would be boring wouldn't it? We need exciting players.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              Lisowski always strikes me as a likeable character, but I don't like watching him very much. He has a lovely cue action, but he is going for sooo many risky shots. It's working for him today so far, cause Bingham misses many chances, but Lisowski really should opt more often for a safety.
                              He is more sensible\conservsative than he used to be..... A few more steps down that road and

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                                But then it would be boring wouldn't it? We need exciting players.
                                Nah, it wouldn't be boring. Nothing is more exciting than a good safety exchange.

On a positive side it's good to have different kind of players though.

Comment

Working...
                                X