Do I need a Shorter Cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a Shorter Cue?

I play with a 58 inch cue. I have been told by a few people that my bridge hand to cue ball is too long (14 - 15 inches from 'V' in bridge hand to cue ball). I am quite short at 5 foot 6 so would a shorter cue be better for me? Say a 57 inch or even 56 inch cue? This in theory should shorten my bridge. Or do I simply hold my existing 58 inch cue (which I like) further down the butt so in theory shortening my bridge hand to cue ball to the supposedly recommended 10 to 12 inches from bridge hand to cue ball?

Originally Posted by weezer View Post
    I play with a 58 inch cue. I have been told by a few people that my bridge hand to cue ball is too long (14 - 15 inches from 'V' in bridge hand to cue ball). I am quite short at 5 foot 6 so would a shorter cue be better for me? Say a 57 inch or even 56 inch cue? This in theory should shorten my bridge. Or do I simply hold my existing 58 inch cue (which I like) further down the butt so in theory shortening my bridge hand to cue ball to the supposedly recommended 10 to 12 inches from bridge hand to cue ball?
    How do you play with your cue at the mo, is the first question?
    Think most would say it maybe be a bit long but try a shorter cue to see how it feels, if you feel better with it.

You can have your one shortened if you feel that would help but there are starting points but not one rule fits all.

Hope that helps you start working out what might be right for you.
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Watch Luca Brecel play and stop worrying.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
        How do you play with your cue at the mo, is the first question?
        Think most would say it maybe be a bit long but try a shorter cue to see how it feels, if you feel better with it.

You can have your one shortened if you feel that would help but there are starting points but not one rule fits all.

Hope that helps you start working out what might be right for you.
        I am extremely inconsistent and a local coach says that my bridge hand to cue ball being too long does not help. But yes, I will try a shorter cue. And vmax, yes I get your point about Luca Brecel but I think he gets away it because he is so talented!

Comment

Working...
        X