No announcement yet.

Sidespin on a snooker table both with and against the nap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry, get some Long BA tips from china, about £3 for a box of 50, they can't be faulted IMO, every one I've tried has been as good as the best Elk.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
      beautiful words Jason, an absolute poet. The issue is many forget to get back on the board and go back to what they really know.
      i hear you tom, though the metaphor was intended to underline that you never forget how to balance on the board.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Not a lot of gray either, so there!
        you would of been a scalpers wet dream back in the day

Comment

I tried to set up Jason's balls exactly how they were in his video, the first shot. I was able to pot the ball using no side and I was also able to pot the ball using side and power and the power is supposed to cancel out SIT.

Just do as I recommend above...set the balls up so you can see BOB is hidden by the red and then try it yourself. If you make it then SIT exists for your skill-set. If you can't make it then you have no reason to be even considering trying to use SIT to throw a ball in. Don't cheat even 1 millimeter. The cueball black should be exactly lined up to 1.5" outside of the nearest pottable slop-in spot. The black/red combo to hide BOB is lined up to 6" below the green or yellow pocket. Now see if BOB is actually covered and see if you can pot the ball.
          then i think you set it up wrong cus for the last 35yrs i dont think iv even tried to pot a straight black off its spot plain ball seeing only 3/4 of it. but hay if iv been doing it wrong turning down balls that dont go then im coming out of retirement neck brace an all..

-
          Last edited by j6uk; 19 September 2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Alabadi are you genuinely adding this to your locker? I'm sorry but I find all this talk of SIT etc to be a complete waste of time. There are people who can't pot half a dozen balls in a row talking about such intricacies, it seems ridiculous to me. I don't think the pro's bother with this so why would we bother?

For the guys who struggle to pot balls without side practice that first.
            What a load of nonsense.
            Unless you have perfect CB control all the time (which not even the best players in the world have) this is a very handy shot to know and not that hard to learn.

Comment

Alabadi are you genuinely adding this to your locker? I'm sorry but I find all this talk of SIT etc to be a complete waste of time. There are people who can't pot half a dozen balls in a row talking about such intricacies, it seems ridiculous to me. I don't think the pro's bother with this so why would we bother?

Tom , all I'm saying is the shot I mentioned I can play it. I have no idea what SIT or CIT is or was until people starting talking about it in this thread. It doesn't interest me at all.

For me I know that if a shot came up similar to what I described and needed to pot it and widen the angle the cue ball takes I can play it, that's all.
              I don't use side when playing most shots unless it's necessary for position or safety , and I use it sparingly even so.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                Terry, get some Long BA tips from china, about £3 for a box of 50, they can't be faulted IMO, every one I've tried has been as good as the best Elk.
                Where do you order them from?
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  then i think you set it up wrong cus for the last 35yrs i dont think iv even tried to pot a straight black off its spot plain ball seeing only 3/4 of it. but hay if iv been doing it wrong turning down balls that dont go then im coming out of retirement neck brace an all..

-
                  I doubt very much you've been turning down pots that could be made whether with side or without. I tried to copy what I saw in your video but there's always the proviso that my eyes may see different from someone else's eyes. I have had eye surgery a few times so maybe Biggy is right and I AM blind.
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

Where do you order them from?
                    ebay Terry
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

ebay Terry
                      Thanks vmax (needed 10 characters)
                      Terry Davidson

Comment

• Hey Terry, first match of the season in our local league tonight and the shot came up for me, a slow swerve around an intervening ball, about 1/4 of an inch to pot the last red partially obscured by the black.
                        Didn't think twice, just got down and aimed full ball at the red, cue parallel to the line of aim with extreme right hand side, the cue ball deflected the 1/4 inch to the left to miss the black and curved back in to BOB on the red and up for the blue off the side cushion, then blue, yellow, green, brown, and blue to leave the bloke needing three snookers on the pink.
                        Job done with no acronyms after he had walked away from the table smiling because he'd thought he'd gotten away with it, 'he can't see it' he said to his mates, but there was a gap to curve onto BOB and that's all you need.

Comment

Hey Terry, first match of the season in our local league tonight and the shot came up for me, a slow swerve around an intervening ball, about 1/4 of an inch to pot the last red partially obscured by the black.
                          Didn't think twice, just got down and aimed full ball at the red, cue parallel to the line of aim with extreme right hand side, the cue ball deflected the 1/4 inch to the left to miss the black and curved back in to BOB on the red and up for the blue off the side cushion, then blue, yellow, green, brown, and blue to leave the bloke needing three snookers on the pink.
                          Job done with no acronyms after he had walked away from the table smiling because he'd thought he'd gotten away with it, 'he can't see it' he said to his mates, but there was a gap to curve onto BOB and that's all you need.
                          We both know you only made that shot using your superior knowledge of SIT Travis and BS will want thanks for 'teaching' you the ins and outs.
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

Hey Terry, first match of the season in our local league tonight and the shot came up for me, a slow swerve around an intervening ball, about 1/4 of an inch to pot the last red partially obscured by the black.
                            hopefully if you get a similar situation with no gap at the end of the season, but this one if you make it will mean you and your team mates will move up to the next division the following year, this gap shot will of been sufficient practice.
                            Last edited by j6uk; 19 September 2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a great shot, slow swerve to make pot and get on the blue. Was the blue still on its spot? Serious amount of side at low pace to get position. Congrats on your first win as well vmax.

Comment

Brilliant! Let's eliminate some incredibly useful shots from the game and go practising instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X