Terry's Videos Showing SIT or No SIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    Terry, I literally spent like 5 minutes on this and the conclusion was enough for me to confirm what I already knew. Of-course the set up wasn't exactly the same as yours but how is that relevant?...I dont doubt that your set up is harder or maybe even impossible to do. The whole point of me making this video was to show that there are certain shots that dont go plain ball that do go with side. Did not claim that SIT would make impossible shots pot lol. But I clearly showed the angles on the shots that I missed and potted, none of them went plain ball.
    Nice video Oma, great cueing and turning yourself in to a top player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
      Nice cueing Oma.
      Top tunes as well.
      Music blasting in the background is the only way to play snooker
      cheers man, only way we know how

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
        Nice video Oma, great cueing and turning yourself in to a top player.
        Cheers buddy, thats the dream! Definitely a long way to go

Comment

• i agree, timing and not smashing the white, tempo better, bit lower to the table maybe.. good stuff man

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            I have put up the 'final solution' on the other string from vmax. Each person should allow himself to be influenced by either myself or Travis (and most definitely not Biggie). You should set up the 3 balls all touching and ensuring BOB to the slop-in point is covered and see if you can pot the black with your skill level. As Oma showed, he even fouled a couple of times.

Ask yourself first of all is this shot worth the risk and secondly do I have the required skill-set to pot it.

Decide for yourselves rather than just reading the propaganda from either side of the argument because in the end you should decide something when you have all the facts. Mr. Big Shot has just read and watched a bunch of videos and has never played, doesn't even own a cue apparently (I don't know him, but then again none of us does). At least Travis tried the shots and is satisfied SIT exists (for him). I tried my shot and am satisfied SIT doesn't exist (for me). Be smart and do your own test because only you know what you're capable of.
            Be smart people - ignore Terry.

Comment

Terry, I literally spent like 5 minutes on this and the conclusion was enough for me to confirm what I already knew. Of-course the set up wasn't exactly the same as yours but how is that relevant?...I dont doubt that your set up is harder or maybe even impossible to do. The whole point of me making this video was to show that there are certain shots that dont go plain ball that do go with side. Did not claim that SIT would make impossible shots pot lol. But I clearly showed the angles on the shots that I missed and potted, none of them went plain ball.

Indeed you did. Good cueing.

As for terry, his pride is hurt, is all. He's played a game for decades that he doesn't really understand, and he's suffering from some seriously duffed up pride.

Times change. Batons pass, always. Conventional wisdom becomes codswallop, eventually.

Comment

No one was arguing about that. There are tons of videos out there showing pots while getting past an intervening ball. This is done by bring the cueball The argument was does SIT exist or not? What you were doing is bringing the CB into the black at a different attack angle. My set up totally eliminates that by having the red ball cover the potting point for the inside edge of the far jaw.

I couldn't move the OB over but maybe someone can.
                Um, 'bring'? WTF?

Did you bring it tel? Did you?

https://youtu.be/sjHRTJfFPew

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                  Nice cueing Oma.
                  Top tunes as well.
                  Music blasting in the background is the only way to play snooker
                  Yeah but he's let himself down with oasis though. Never any excuse for oasis imo.

Comment

• members

whatever the name for it is i think there is a sling and grab effect on the ob from cb, bit like stepping on and off a moving roundabout.
                    but we are all champions of an argument and i think bullet proof? terry has one, it maybe wounded but while its still there lets keep the culture and support the under dogs regardless on what we think the outcome should be.
                    beside i think theres something to it and im sure theres more to come..

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                      Be smart people - ignore Terry.
                      At least I have a cue and have played snooker. You are a keyboard warrior who only likes to stir thing up and has no relevant experience. Yes, people should be listening to you so they can get all twisted around over your theories imported directly from the USA but never checked or analysed.
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

In not one of your shots was BOB covered. The second video no side was used, the first video you didn't need any side anyways and the first pot was a hit the red first foul. Make a pot with BOB covered and say that again.
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

At least I have a cue and have played snooker. You are a keyboard warrior who only likes to stir thing up and has no relevant experience. Yes, people should be listening to you so they can get all twisted around over your theories imported directly from the USA but never checked or analysed.
                          Lol. You're completely insane.

PS I've got about 20 cues. Can do you a great deal on one if you like? The weak pound means i can keep the prices down.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                            Lol. You're completely insane.

PS I've got about 20 cues. Can do you a great deal on one if you like? The weak pound means i can keep the prices down.
                            OK, so you own some cues but do you ever use any of them? On a snooker table?
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              members

whatever the name for it is i think there is a sling and grab effect on the ob from cb, bit like stepping on and off a moving roundabout.
                              but we are all champions of an argument and i think bullet proof? terry has one, it maybe wounded but while its still there lets keep the culture and support the under dogs regardless on what we think the outcome should be.
                              beside i think theres something to it and im sure theres more to come..
                              Excellent analogy.

Comment

In not one of your shots was BOB covered. The second video no side was used, the first video you didn't need any side anyways and the first pot was a hit the red first foul. Make a pot with BOB covered and say that again.
                                Terry no offence but you're a coach and cant tell when side is being used? I used EXTREME side in literally every single shot. Im aiming to the far right of the cueball as clearly shown in the video lol. How are you denying that when its literally all in the video..and yes the first shot was a foul like we all saw thanks for pointing that out lol? Apparently the BOB wasnt covered yet I fouled trying to hit it, guess I have really bad aim.....

Comment

Working...
                                X