English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by 147Daniel View Post
    im glad someone else is ranting about it. Because im starting to look like the biggest nag on twitter for telling them. Yesterday I at least got them to acknowledge that when a shot is missed, the reaction from commentators (both in uk and denmark) seems 1 to 2 seconds delayed, as if they are looking at their phone and noticing the sound of the wobble and then reacting. It sounds silly when its so delayed in terms of reaction. They will fix that asap they said. In regards to the sound of balls going in. I think that they have Mic's placed on the legs near the pockets. To me as an audio engineer as work, thats what it sounds like. As every ball potted on leather sounds like a plank of hollow wood getting knocked in. They really just need 1 hanging mics from the lights like at the crucible. plus 2 smalls mics at left and right black corners with EQ lowcutting all the bull**** rumble... The noisegate making the venue sound "small" should also be opened up to pick up more so the room sounds BIGGER. No reverb in this place... God I wish i worked for them as i'd make it sound mint :P
    Thank you Sir for that haha.
    Good points and I'm glad I have a fellow ranter
    Your hollow wood sound comment is spot on.
    Sounds like, <<<< pun intended ... they need a guy like you down there !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by plague1973 View Post
      Ryan Day tops the list there
      But he has done this for years.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
        But he has done this for years.
        Frequent table wiper is Ryan too... size of his hands he could brush the whole table in a few minutes.

Comment

Originally Posted by dbeich View Post
          Hi, guys. If you prefer to watch snooker online, you might go here: http://www.snookermatch.live/. I am running this site out of passion for snooker and I am trying to cover all tournaments. I gather streams found all over the internet, handpicked (to be safe).
          Cheers .......

Comment

Ronnie and the Ref didn’t see the foul ......cost Lou the frame
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Definitely a foul...but for all his faults I don't believe for one second Ronnie is a cheat, so got to think he was watching the white and rushing to get out of the way.
              H.b.142

Comment

Absolutely .......but didn’t like the in off before that .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Absolutely .......but didn’t like the in off before that .
                  Not sure how I feel about this. Young lad was in top flow, hmm mm if he wins no problem but loses.... Different story. Pivotal.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Blatant cheating. How did the referee not see or even hear that?

Comment

• Sorry, but I don't see how O'Sullivan could have possibly missed that foul. Even if he didn't see it, which I doubt, you'd feel the contact through the cue.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Not sure what to make of the foul and if Ronnie knew or not, but that plus the deliberate shout from the crowd has left a bit of a bad taste to that game.

Comment

• Ronnie is not a very good liar.

Comment

• Jimmy looked embarrassed, wonder why?

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Any link to the post match interview please...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                                Blatant cheating. How did the referee not see or even hear that?
                                Well with all the cameras on his every move you have to think he didn't just ignore it as it would get picked up, so maybe he genuinely didn't notice (somehow !)
                                As for the referee, well with this new ridiculous thing of them always standing behind the player instead of right by the shot, she was probably too far away to see, and was concentrating on getting the rest off him lol

Comment

Working...
                                X