Another random rule question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another random rule question

I've thought of another scenario that has me scratching my head. You have just potted the black and there are many reds left, however one of the reds is covering the back spot and between that and the black cushion, there are too many reds to re-spot the back under it. They are all in the way. All other colour spots are occupied. So will the black have to be re-spotted as close to the black spot above it?
    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Correct, in a direct line above the black spot. You can also have a scenario where there is no room between the pink and black spots. In that case, the black (or pink) would be placed directly above the pink spot.

Tim
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

I would have thought that if the black spot was unavailable and no option to spot the black below it then the pink spot would be used and if that was unavailable then the ball must be spotted as close to the pink spot below it, not just above the black spot and if that isn’t possible then blue spot or as close to it and below it

Comment

Another random rule question

if any spot is available the black would use the highest available, if no spot is available then the black would be placed as close as possible to its own spot in direct line (centre line of the table) to the "black" cushion without touching any other ball.
        IF the black ball can not be placed on this line due to others balls then it goes as close to the black spot going "down" the table (from black spot towards the pink spot - and beyond.

question - with all balls on the table (bar one red) how far down the table would the black possibly be in worst case scenario?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          question - with all balls on the table (bar one red) how far down the table would the black possibly be in worst case scenario?
          Not quite as far as the blue spot!
          Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Hello sir, @barry stark
            I got a doubt.. I am a beginner and capable of 20 break.. I used to play regularly but suddenly on someday when I hold the cue I get an awkward feeling by gripping itself I am not gonna play shots comfortably and I end up playing bad with a lot of miscue during screw shots.. Is that common to all players?
            Another doubt is, my cue action is a little bit odd.. When I am cueing my hand is not straight behind my head it comes a lot outside but still I play shots properly but when I try to adjust my hand to fit straight back to my head I feel a lot uncomfortable.. Is this a major problem, should I change my cue action?

Comment

Originally Posted by ashelf View Post
              Hello sir, @barry stark
              I got a doubt.. I am a beginner and capable of 20 break.. I used to play regularly but suddenly on someday when I hold the cue I get an awkward feeling by gripping itself I am not gonna play shots comfortably and I end up playing bad with a lot of miscue during screw shots.. Is that common to all players?
              Another doubt is, my cue action is a little bit odd.. When I am cueing my hand is not straight behind my head it comes a lot outside but still I play shots properly but when I try to adjust my hand to fit straight back to my head I feel a lot uncomfortable.. Is this a major problem, should I change my cue action?

Is Barry Stark on TSF?
              Is your post related to the rule query of this thread?

Comment

if any spot is available the black would use the highest available, if no spot is available then the black would be placed as close as possible to its own spot in direct line (centre line of the table) to the "black" cushion without touching any other ball.
                IF the black ball can not be placed on this line due to others balls then it goes as close to the black spot going "down" the table (from black spot towards the pink spot - and beyond.
                What would happen given the practically non-existent chance of a scenario where all spots are covered, and all areas down the middle line of the table between colours, are occupied by reds?
                Last edited by Billy; 24 December 2018, 02:30 PM.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  What would happen given the practically non-existent chances of a scenario where all spots are covered, and all areas down the middle line of the table between colours, are occupied by reds?
                  Don't think its physically possible. The table is 12 feet long, say 140 inches, and if you line up all 22 balls there's plenty room left.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    What would happen given the practically non-existent chance of a scenario where all spots are covered, and all areas down the middle line of the table between colours, are occupied by reds?
                    yep, and previously post (a few back),
                    and all the reds (and I included the cue ball as well (say it covers the black spot after potting the black)) cover the centre line as much as possible without leaving any 52.5mm gap; the Black would be placed on the centre line of the table as close to its spot as possible, and as per my question and LL's response above, it would be between the Pink and Blue (closer to the Blue than Pink)

16 balls (15 reds and white) @ 52.5mm diameter = 840mm
                    16 x 52.5mm gaps (between the black cushion and all balls) = 840mm
                    black will be 1,680mm up the table from the black cushion.
                    (table playing area is 3,569mm(ish) long so blue spot is 1,784(ish))

(my gawd, I need to start my Christmas merriment very soon .... )
                    Last edited by DeanH; 24 December 2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      Don't think its physically possible. The table is 12 feet long, say 140 inches, and if you line up all 22 balls there's plenty room left.
                      wont be all 22 balls, because you are trying to spot the black and if any colour is not on its spot then the black will occupy that spot

So only 15 reds (as one potted before potting the black) plus the cue ball

Comment

yep, and previously post (a few back),
                        and all the reds (and I included the cue ball as well (say it covers the black spot after potting the black)) cover the centre line as much as possible without leaving any 52.5mm gap; the Black would be placed on the centre line of the table as close to its spot as possible, and as per my question and LL's response above, it would be between the Pink and Blue (closer to the Blue than Pink)

16 balls (15 reds and white) @ 52.5mm diameter = 840mm
                        16 x 52.5mm gaps (between the black cushion and all balls) = 840mm
                        black will be 1,680mm up the table from the black cushion.
                        (table playing area is 3,569mm(ish) long so blue spot is 1,784(ish))

(my gawd, I need to start my Christmas merriment very soon .... )
                        Somebody buy that man a drink

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Somebody buy that man a drink
                          wooohooo!

cheers everyone!
                          Merry Crimbo!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                            Correct. I was just checking people were paying attention :barbershop_quartet_
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                            X