Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you pause on the shot before delivery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot on. I tried all this eye pause stuff years ago. You need to find your own way its part of personal timing.

Comment

I never had a rear pause until I got some coaching, I would say it's one of the main things that took my break building from 30-40s to 70-80s in the space of 2-3 months I was practicing alot up until that point for about a year or so trying to work out why I couldnt get heavier breaks.

The timing of the rear pause helped me to feel the pace of the white ball and exactly where I wanted to hit on the object ball etc.
      I do feel it's valuable but I also think it's something very technical that yes you should try to develop naturally which sounds a contradiction sometimes when I was learning it I would pause too long thinking about pausing and this caused as many problems as not having a pause.

As stated really you will find your own length of pause but I do believe it's a total fundamental

Comment

You see guys on here struggling to make 50's worrying about things century break players have never given thought.
        Just play the game, practice and don't overcomplicate it
        +1

Paus on backswing IS ONE OF THE basic fundamentals
        That's absolute nonsense...

Don't worry about pauses, you'll develop one as you improve and it will be authentic to your own cue action.

Why was Ramon banned?

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
          +1

Don't worry about pauses, you'll develop one as you improve and it will be authentic to your own cue action.

Why was Ramon banned?
          Calling people nasty names I think, the thread is gone, so I can't read it

Comment

+1

Why was Ramon banned?
            He kept arguing with me, it's a shame he's gone he was quite amusing in a way.

I wish i'd paused for 10 minutes before playing the green last night on a clearance, gone to the bar come back and walked into the shot properly.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
              He kept arguing with me, it's a shame he's gone he was quite amusing in a way.
              Cripes, I think,,, Ramon use to get a bit sniffy with me too. I could never work out why though...Use to find it funny anyway...
              JP Majestic
              3/4
              57"
              17oz
              9.5mm Elk

Comment

How long do you pause on the shot before delivery?

Just regurgitated the thoughts of others anyway, only in broken English.

No insight, no credability, no ability

No great loss.

Comment

He was everyones ""Friend"", pott, hahaha....
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

No great loss.
                    Issues aside, I don't find the broken English an problem on a global site where all are welcome.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

No great loss.
                      Issues aside, I don't find the broken English an problem on a global site where all are welcome.

Yes a global forum where all are welcome, he was not banned for 6 months because of his broken English but the insults, vulgarities and slurs he made from the first post if a thread he started for that purpose - in perfect English
                      Last edited by DeanH; 28 November 2017, 09:49 PM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Yes a global forum where all are welcome but he was not banned for 6 months because of his broken English but the insults and slurs he made from the first post if a thread he started for that purpose - in perfect English
                        That wasn't the point Dean. Agreed he should have been banned for what he said, there were many reasons to cite but this wasn't one.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Yes a global forum where all are welcome but he was not banned for 6 months because of his broken English but the insults and slurs he made from the first post if a thread he started for that purpose - in perfect English
                          That wasn't the point Dean. Agreed he should have been banned for what he said, there were many reasons to cite but this wasn't one.
                          Oops just reread the last couple of posts. And no broken English is not a reason. ...

Comment

I missed Ramon's ""pink handbag post's"". What was his gripe, Dean?. If I may ask..
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                              I missed Ramon's ""pink handbag post's"". What was his gripe, Dean?. If I may ask..
                              You can always ask...
                              "gripe" not entirely sure, from what I saw he blasted some members as being ADR's "pet" about first starting a thread insulting ROS, and being two-faced and other members being complicit. ..
                              Started very low and went further downhill quickly.
                              Very strange thread to start, I do think he sometimes had problems understanding the subtleties of the written English word and replied to that affect (even to me once ). Being a non-english natural this can happen. Personal I had no problem with him and found his posts funny,; especially after tracking him down and got him back in the amnesty (so blame me )
                              I hope he comes back in a few months
                              Last edited by DeanH; 28 November 2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                                I doubt anyone will be able to answer that mate, I think he was the forums answer to Alex Higgins. Mercurial, tetchy, prickly and amiably nice all at the same time.

If he never gets back on here, I will choose to remember him for his last quiz post which was brilliant fun. @Markz hope you got your prize! ; )
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X