Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi all, just joined this forum so a quick intro. My name is Andy, i am the wrong side of 50, and just getting into snooker, so expect a few newbie type questions lol, currently looking for a new cue (very limited budget £100) as my old BCE Jimmy White cue (used for pool) has seen better days , and has been stood idle for about 10 years, seen a few for around £60 - £70 on the net with all the extras (cue, mini and extending extensions, and a hard case) bit nervous as they seem to cheap and they are Chinese i think. So the hunt will go on lol, anyway i look forward to possible looking like an idiot soon, when i make a few post's.
    Cheers Carpy

Hello

Andy, welcome to TSF
    Those sets can be a good starter for a beginner. A friend got a St Michael set and is good for him to settle into a cue for not much expense as he gets into playing our wonderful game
    These sets can be basic but nice cues and often the extensions are really nice.
    As you get on with the game and you know more about what suits you you can think about more expensive custom cues (start a cue savings account )
    as you get used to TSF you will see a lot of discussions about custom cues and their costs
    get a set that you like the look of and get potting those balls and enjoy
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hello

forgot to ask whereabouts are you (approx) as there could be other TSF members near you for practise partners

Comment

My apologies i should have said, I am in sunny Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Comment

Hello

I think you mean snowy
          No apologies necessary
          I am sure there are some TSFers up your way

Comment

Originally Posted by Carpy2009 View Post
            Hi all, just joined this forum so a quick intro. My name is Andy, i am the wrong side of 50, and just getting into snooker, so expect a few newbie type questions lol, currently looking for a new cue (very limited budget £100) as my old BCE Jimmy White cue (used for pool) has seen better days , and has been stood idle for about 10 years, seen a few for around £60 - £70 on the net with all the extras (cue, mini and extending extensions, and a hard case) bit nervous as they seem to cheap and they are Chinese i think. So the hunt will go on lol, anyway i look forward to possible looking like an idiot soon, when i make a few post's.
            Cheers Carpy
            Great user name I am an obsessive Carp angler myself

Comment

hi and welcome

Comment

Welcome to the Forum

Comment

Working...
                X