Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with the frustration of missing easy pots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing easy pots

I would say the title pretty much says it all.

You miss easy pots, because you are indeed thinking of them as "easy shots", when you should treat ALL shots the same.

That's why coaches all say you should develop a pre-shot routine because it gets you or tries to get you in the habit of treating every shot the same.

I imagine (as I've done it myself) that when you "see" an easy shot, you rush as well because you're excited that you might get a big break off it?

I echo what most say on here, enjoy your sessions and remember that guys on TV play snooker 24/7 and have played since they were nippers!
    Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

I play allot and watch lots on the tube. I realise the importance of not missing easy pots thus enabling some high breaks around the black spot. Nothing worse than getting perfect shape and missing the black of its spot. I give it a good look before getting down, make my mind on position needed before getting down, get down and give it allot of concentration, almost willing it to go in as planned. Lol it helps, but I still miss some but not as many.... my breaks are getting bigger and shape is getting better, it all comes together when you practice like its a real match...
      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

If somebody tells me that some club or amateur players should not miss easy shots, I tend to laugh. There are no easy shots out there on the table.
        The reason we miss those routine shots more often than we'd like is obvious...we're not as good as we think. All players, myself included, have overinflated ego. I whine and complain sometimes which is really stupid. When I stop with the self pity, I can actually play decent.
        We should do what the pros do. Sit down and shut up. It should be easier to emulate this than their technique.
        Just for the moment consider the actual level of a top 16 player. And guys like that still miss routine blacks off the spot sometimes.

Comment

Working...
        X