No announcement yet.

World Open 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two frames for Kyren at the end of the session were very important. At 7-2 I think it would have been all over, at 6-3 there is still a chance.
    But if Ding remains his level I think he will win.

Comment

• Yep, even though it should be about to be 7-3.

Comment

• I would certainly have preferred to watch a longer final today, but Wilson just missed to many chances and couldn't challenge Ding in any way today. Ding adds another title of a tournament he hadn't won before to his resume. It's already his 13th title overall, moving him into the lone sixth spot of the all-time-list, one ahead of Selby and Robertson. Ding will now be world number 2 in the provisional ranking, a place that seems exactly right to me, cause I think he is the second best player in the world, and lose this spot until the next cut-off-point only if John Higgins would win the European Masters.

Comment

• Yeah, not much of a final unfortunately, but I still enjoyed Ding's performance. He wasn't on fire, but he was still very solid in all departments and very composed throughout. It was a masterclass of how one should play a major final really. Yet another win for a player who has one of the best records in finals in the history of the game. :wink:

All in all, it was nice to have a proper week of snooker again, with matches of at least medium length. The quality was okay, but we didn't really get too many matches where both players played well at the same time. That resulted in some one-sided matches, but we did get a few close ones as well. It was also nice to see Brecel and Li Hang follow their good run in Guangzhou with another one here, rather than going back to mediocrity. :smile: Nice to see Wilson in another final as well. Not his day today, but hopefully he can continue to improve and find some much-needed consistency.

It was also good to see that the conditions were much better than in Guangzhou. We saw very few kicks, and the big bounces only really returned at the weekend. On the other hand, the pockets were perhaps a little too generous, especially early on in the week, and the crowd discipline was particularly poor on this occasion. Also, I was personally not too impressed with some of the TV choices that were made, but I've become used to that by now, so it's not really something specific to this tournament.

October will be a nice month for snooker. I will keep one eye on the two upcoming minor events, but I'm particularly looking forward to the International Championship at the end of the month. :smile:

Comment

• Did anyone see Kyren's clever use of the spider?
            http://theoldgreenbaize.com/2017/09/...world-talking/
            Last edited by Bigmeek; 25 September 2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              Did anyone see Kyren's clever use of the spider?
              I have seen someone down a previous club I was a member of do a similar thing, good to see it on TV

Don't know why it would be a "grey area of the rules"? To me the rest is an approved piece of equipment and it is used to enable the player reach the shot they wish to play without contravening any other rules. There is nothing in the rules that state the player can only use the rest by placing the cue in the rest-head.
              Last edited by DeanH; 25 September 2017, 12:35 PM.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                Did anyone see Kyren's clever use of the spider?

Sensational, we'll see other players using the same way!
                ”Corium sana in iaculat sano”

Comment

• Was a great match to watch tbh .
                  Abit short !!
                  Ding played very well , imo.

Comment

• I'd love to see Ding win the World title next year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bart07 View Post
                      Sensational, we'll see other players using the same way!
                      I think that´ll be the norm in a short while.
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Jimmy's 100th was in the English open
                        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

• Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                          Jimmy's 100th was in the English open
                          sorry, 100th what?

100th tournament - professional?
                          Last edited by DeanH; 20 October 2017, 06:48 PM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                            Jimmy's 100th was in the English open
                            Wow , haven’t seen you post for ages . Welcome back .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                            X