new ADR147 calf Skin tip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMG_6782.JPGIMG_6786.JPG
    Tried the tip this week and it's fenomenal. Hopefully each tip will be as consistent as this tester i've received. Thanks Andrew!

Comment

• I tried one randomly of the 8 I received. They are great.

Comment

• I put my ADR147 tip on yesterday, replacing my Buffalo Blue Diamond+ which is my usual tip. It is harder to shape than the Buffalo. Still a work in progress there I think.
        I had it with a bit more meat on than usual.
        I noticed it felt a bit spongey to start with, but that may have been due to the thickness I left it at.
        Anyway, 3 frames in and it settled in nicely, became a bit more solid and felt quite nice.
        Going through a bad form bout at the moment, so not drawing any conclusions from last night session, but I think its a winner.
        One thing I really noticed was the swerve shots really gripped nicely and i had much more swerve than my old tip (which still had decent life left in it).
        Another session tonight and will take a bit off before I go.
        I'm about through with a block of Taom v2 (free from a mate to try) which I really like, coming from Tweeten Spruce (which I like too). I can't see the price justification though. But it does work fine with the tip, no problems. Don't even need to chalk after every shot.
        Will go back to Spruce when the Taom is done and see what happens there.
        Thumbs up here.

Comment

• double post

Comment

• So after trying pretty much every tip known to man after my last trusty box of old blue diamonds was empty, i decided i would just use elks the main reason being if a box of elks is around £15 - £18 for 50 tips if you don't like one you can change it a good few times without it costing the earth, as always struggled with justifying spending a fortune on tips after being disappointed in the past.

Anyway i came of retirement one last time to try these new calf skin tips, and after initially not liking the sound it made on my first shot ( i thought i would hate it lol ) but 5 frames later and a few 50 breaks ( which is good for me these days ) i love it now, can't really say why as such but my confidence just grew with it over a few frames which is good.

I will say the cue ball responded very well when using side so i will be keeping it on which is good for me as some tips don't last a frame if they're not right..........lol

Not a messy tip to fit either as not dusted so no blue hands or marks everywhere so a nice clean tidy job which is good.

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
              So after trying pretty much every tip known to man after my last trusty box of old blue diamonds was empty, i decided i would just use elks the main reason being if a box of elks is around £15 - £18 for 50 tips if you don't like one you can change it a good few times without it costing the earth, as always struggled with justifying spending a fortune on tips after being disappointed in the past.

Anyway i came of retirement one last time to try these new calf skin tips, and after initially not liking the sound it made on my first shot ( i thought i would hate it lol ) but 5 frames later and a few 50 breaks ( which is good for me these days ) i love it now, can't really say why as such but my confidence just grew with it over a few frames which is good.

I will say the cue ball responded very well when using side so i will be keeping it on which is good for me as some tips don't last a frame if they're not right..........lol

Not a messy tip to fit either as not dusted so no blue hands or marks everywhere so a nice clean tidy job which is good.
              That's a nice good news story. I've got a few old BD's left but am converted to my phoenix laminate now. Will have to try one of these next.

Always good to hear a decent review of a tip from an ex BD lover as its reasonable to assume you will like the feel of it.

Thanks.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Yes, they saved my match too Had to change to it just a few hours before my match and they didn’t let me down.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  That's a nice good news story. I've got a few old BD's left but am converted to my phoenix laminate now. Will have to try one of these next.

Always good to hear a decent review of a tip from an ex BD lover as its reasonable to assume you will like the feel of it.

Thanks.
                  Loved the old BD's and generally found most elks ok, but noticed the quality was mixed lately, what i call wonky elks, sort of lop sided or that need shaping heavily on one side usually to get them even before you start.

I did try a few new Blue Diamonds knocked an 89 break in with one then decided i didn't like it which seems crazy i know, but the cueball just didn't respond well enough when using side so i lost confidence in it.

So far so good with the calf skin........

Comment

.... but 5 frames later and a few 50 breaks ( which is good for me these days ) i love it now, can't really say why as such but my confidence just grew with it over a few frames which is good.....
                    Hmm look at you with your fancy 50 breaks
                    I'm getting to hate this game at moment, potting some excellent balls but then mess up instantly lol, must be an age thing, but still off out again soon to try again !
                    Last edited by jrc750; 30 November 2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

... knocked an 89 break in with one then decided i didn't like it which seems crazy i know, ...
                      Your'e just rubbing it in now ....

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Thanks.
                        Loved the old BD's and generally found most elks ok, but noticed the quality was mixed lately, what i call wonky elks, sort of lop sided or that need shaping heavily on one side usually to get them even before you start.

I did try a few new Blue Diamonds knocked an 89 break in with one then decided i didn't like it which seems crazy i know, but the cueball just didn't respond well enough when using side so i lost confidence in it.

So far so good with the calf skin........
                        I've had a similar path, tried the buffalo BD liked it for a few frames then it seemed to go really hard. Sanded it away in the end trying to liven the bugger up again.

Once you find one of these new tips you like, they do seem to have longevity and consistency.

I'm not going back it's a lottery.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          I'm getting to hate this game at moment, potting some excellent balls but then mess up instantly loo, must be an age thing, but still off out again soon to try again !
                          Lol............don't worry mate it could all change next time i play maybe i was just having a good day, i generally knock in most long balls to set myself up then miss an easy black off the spot which does drive you nuts, but for now i'll just enjoy today........;-)

Comment

Your'e just rubbing it in now ....
                            when i got the 89 i was playing my lad, everyone in the club started watching and willing me on to get the ton, when i missed at 89 my lad didn't say unlucky like everyone else or well played dad he just said " thank god for that i'm fed up of counting and re spotting balls for you ! " lol

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                              .... but 5 frames later and a few 50 breaks ( which is good for me these days ) i love it now, can't really say why as such but my confidence just grew with it over a few frames which is good.....
                              I'm getting to hate this game at moment, potting some excellent balls but then mess up instantly lol, must be an age thing, but still off out again soon to try again !
                              I don't feel sorry for you jrc because you've got those lovely servants at the Castle
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                                I've had a similar path, tried the buffalo BD liked it for a few frames then it seemed to go really hard. Sanded it away in the end trying to liven the bugger up again.

Once you find one of these new tips you like, they do seem to have longevity and consistency.

I'm not going back it's a lottery.
                                The same they seem to go hard and lose something in feel, and as you say can't seem to liven them back up, i did try the titan jupiter tips now these were very hard at the start but when they eventually " gave " they were good, the trouble was i had a couple that just didn't give and stayed hard so that put me off these.

Comment

Working...
                                X