Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Vintage Barracuda Cue advice please

Hi Guys

I’ve been lucky enough to be given two vintage Barracuda 2 piece cues. My plan is to keep one and sell the other.

I just need some advice as to which of them was the more expensive cue originally as I’ll probably keep that one.

Cue 1 is a Champion

Cue 2 is a Gold Medal

Both have the little round brass badges on the handle and I would guess anything from 20-30 years old and both in wonderful condition.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I’d definitely like to hold on to one of them.

Cheers

Mark

Near sure the gold medal (with the joint above the machine splices) is what Mark Williams used to use for the longest time before switching to a parris.

Comment

Barracudas were english machine spliced cues in the 90's. Mark Williams used a 3/4 Gold Medal so that in itself might push up the value of a Gold Medal. Barracuda was bought by a Chinese firm who sell budget cues. These later cues aren't worth much.

I haven't heard of the champion cue, but the original cues were all fairly similar- ebony butts with a single front splice and a veneer- so there wasn't much difference in the prices between the ranges.

Just keep the one which you prefer to play with.

Comment

Really appreciate the replies thank you

Comment

Working...
        X