No announcement yet.

What is the best coaching book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would people buy out of these two? Just One Frame for £20 or Frank Callen's Snooker Clinic for £38?

Comment

kernhem

the best video tutoring i have ever seen. you can see these videos on youtube and they have 10 parts around 10 minutes long

they are absolutely ace for any n00bs looking for some primary teaching
      ~*Simply the best*~

Comment

When I started playing snooker at around 14-15 my grandad gave me an old book of his, it was from Ray Reardon.

It was just a paperback and it fell apart from carrying it around with me

If I remember correctly it had all the information in it that one needs to be a good player. Though you can't get better than a trainer for the basics of getting you sorted out right.

Anyway at the time, I got up from teen breaks to my best break up till now 86 at the age of twenty.
        which I probably will never top, I stopped playing for 13 years, with me moving to Germany. Then started again, got breaks into the fifties then smashed my motorbike up, with it my right hip.

Scince then I'm having some real difficulties with the game.

Can't seem to find my old stance anymore, maybe i've got something blocking in my hip 7 screws and a plate?

Anyway it was/is a really good book.
        Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

I always recommend the products from The Snooker Gym (www.thesnookergym.com).

Comment

Originally Posted by ran1gers View Post
            What would people buy out of these two? Just One Frame for £20 or Frank Callen's Snooker Clinic for £38?
            i-would-go-for-the-frank-callon-but-dont-pay-£38-for-it.

keep-a-look-out-on-ebay-youll-be-able-to-pick-one-up-for-around-£20
            http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

I have Jimmy White - Snooker Masterclass and Successful Snooker - Steve Davis in PDF format if anyone wants them just send me a PM and i will send them to you.

Comment

In German for beginners I'd recommend Snooker by Rolf Kalb and Thomas Hein. it's easy to understand has some good drawings and pictures to help explain. very recommended.

Comment

I would not recommend Snooker by Rolf Kalb and Thomas Hein because of!

Well basically Rolf Kalb is a *****!

Has absolutly no idea what he is talking about and any thing related to such a ***** would never ever be bought out of my money!
                  Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

sorry, but do you know the book?

Comment

Cliff Thorburn's "Snooker Skills" is a very fine book. He's very good at explaining concepts and also telling you why they're important.

Comment

Does anyone know if the material on the Snooker Gym website is worth purchasing?

I was particularly looking at the 'Perfect Practice Routines' section.

Any advice/guidance gratefully received.

Comment

Originally Posted by Strickimicki View Post
                          I would not recommend Snooker by Rolf Kalb and Thomas Hein because of!

Well basically Rolf Kalb is a *****!

Has absolutly no idea what he is talking about and any thing related to such a ***** would never ever be bought out of my money!
                          safe to say that Rolf would not be getting a character reference from you!

Comment

Hi SAM 92 , please send the pdf format of jimmy white snooker Masterclass
                            This is my email address shailendrak2006@yahoo.co.in
                            i wanted to have look at this book for long time.

Comment

Basically, Yes you are very right!

He is just a presenter on Eurosport, and I suppose he was just standing around with his finger up his A-se, when his boss was looking for somebody to present Snooker in German. Well he got the job, and he's been punishing my hearing ever since!

The man has absolutely know idea of what he is talking about and gets on my bloody nerves with his exaggerated excitement over things happening on the table!

Having to listen to him makes me turn off the sound and watch in silence!

Thomas Hein on the other hand, has done quite a lot for German Snooker! And is probably decent bloke. The reason he got in with R Kalb is probably for cheap advertisement.

Anyway, that's enough with my hate campaign for this thread!

Bye everybody,

Bry.

P.S I seriously hope Rolf gets some kind of flu before the Worlds, so he loses his voice for a month!

Comment

Hi,
                                On Q Promotions have just published edition 2 of Jimmy White's "masterclass" which now has colour illustrations.
                                The book is on sale for £19.95 through www.onqpromotions.co.uk

The book has only ever been available in paper form and as the copyright for the book belongs to Jimmy White i would suggest that distributing pdf versions is not advisable.

there are 100 signed books available for the first 100 orders.

Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
                                Hi SAM 92 , please send the pdf format of jimmy white snooker Masterclass
                                This is my email address shailendrak2006@yahoo.co.in
                                i wanted to have look at this book for long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X