New ADR147 Laminated Cue Tips!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by kayen147 View Post
    i used a block before, i can say i played my best snooker with it, the only downside is it leaves marks on the CB. very noticeable marks
    yes it can.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Recently fitted an ADR147 medium tip purchased from Ebay. (Thanks ARD147)
      This is my first go at a laminated tip so very much a novice.
      Fitted the tip with no issues and looks great to me, however, in my haste I trimmed a good couple of mm off the top before shaping.
      Shaped with no issues. Whilst I am very happy with it, have I spoiled to performance of this tip by removing the top?
      For laminated tips, should I have just shaped the top to retain the thickness and if so, what possible differences would this provide?

Sorry if this was covered earlier, however I could not find anything browsing / searching.
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

• I too am curious, having reduced the height of laminated tips previously

Comment

• Don't know if anyone here likes a really hard tip but if they do I'd recommend the ADR mjw tip, I've used pressed tips for about the last 6 years after using kamui black m/h before that, recently after my blue diamond tip splitting in Israel at the European championships I was struggling to get a tip that was hard enough for me to get the sound and feel that I like, after doing about 40 tips in the last week from blue diamond to grand to blue diamond plus I put an ADR mjw tip on Friday night, went down to Leicester for the q school entry event and without using one of these tips before I won the event, 3rd frame with it missed last red on 112 on max and 5th frame had 136 total clearance, the tips play superb, I think I've found my new tip after becoming fed up with pressed tips and the inconsistency that goes with them

Comment

• Originally Posted by frazz View Post
            Don't know if anyone here likes a really hard tip but if they do I'd recommend the ADR mjw tip, I've used pressed tips for about the last 6 years after using kamui black m/h before that, recently after my blue diamond tip splitting in Israel at the European championships I was struggling to get a tip that was hard enough for me to get the sound and feel that I like, after doing about 40 tips in the last week from blue diamond to grand to blue diamond plus I put an ADR mjw tip on Friday night, went down to Leicester for the q school entry event and without using one of these tips before I won the event, 3rd frame with it missed last red on 112 on max and 5th frame had 136 total clearance, the tips play superb, I think I've found my new tip after becoming fed up with pressed tips and the inconsistency that goes with them
            That sounds like advice worth listening to. Thanks and well done BTW.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Don't know if anyone here likes a really hard tip but if they do I'd recommend the ADR mjw tip, I've used pressed tips for about the last 6 years after using kamui black m/h before that, recently after my blue diamond tip splitting in Israel at the European championships I was struggling to get a tip that was hard enough for me to get the sound and feel that I like, after doing about 40 tips in the last week from blue diamond to grand to blue diamond plus I put an ADR mjw tip on Friday night, went down to Leicester for the q school entry event and without using one of these tips before I won the event, 3rd frame with it missed last red on 112 on max and 5th frame had 136 total clearance, the tips play superb, I think I've found my new tip after becoming fed up with pressed tips and the inconsistency that goes with them
              Well done on finding the one Fraser , I like the ADR pressed tip ......the one for me . Winning that comp pays for your Q School entry fee doesn’t it ?
              Playing like that , you are a cert to get back on the tour . Play well in the qualifiers .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Fingers crossed Nei, thanks

Comment

• You still re tipping a lot of the Pro’s tips ?

What are they using these days ?

Why do you like a harder tip ? Wouldn’t think you get a great deal of feel out of them . But there are a number of Pro’s that like a harder tip .

Comment

• I still do quite a few yes, John Higgins, Graeme dott, few others, both use black kamui, John uses m/h and Graeme medium. I always feel like a soft tip soaks up the impact so the white kinda dies off the tip, I can't feel anything using a soft tip, I need a hard tip to actually feel the shot and also I like the clicky/tinny noise rather than the full thud of a soft tip, mostly tho with a soft tip it's a different hit each shot, reaction is different each shot, I can't judge position the same with soft tips, hard tips will play the same all the time, reaction is always the same. The problem for me is always getting a tip as hard as I like which is why I went to the mjw tips now

Comment

Yes well done Frazer for getting onto the tour where are you playing these days ? Are you still in masters
                      Current playing cue Trevor White
                      3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                        Yes well done Frazer for getting onto the tour where are you playing these days ? Are you still in masters
                        He's not on yet Stevie 😋 just won the entry fee to cue school, that's the way I read it

Comment

• Only paid entry I got for q school. In Cumbernauld now at red triangle

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            He's not on yet Stevie �� just won the entry fee to cue school, that's the way I read it
                            Haha you no me I only read half
                            Current playing cue Trevor White
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

I still do quite a few yes, John Higgins, Graeme dott, few others, both use black kamui, John uses m/h and Graeme medium. I always feel like a soft tip soaks up the impact so the white kinda dies off the tip, I can't feel anything using a soft tip, I need a hard tip to actually feel the shot and also I like the clicky/tinny noise rather than the full thud of a soft tip, mostly tho with a soft tip it's a different hit each shot, reaction is different each shot, I can't judge position the same with soft tips, hard tips will play the same all the time, reaction is always the same. The problem for me is always getting a tip as hard as I like which is why I went to the mjw tips now
                              Cheers for that , very interesting . I would have thought it to be the other way round .

Might need to get Andrew to send me one now , so I can try it out ..........see what you’ve done now .....going to try another tip !

Comment

• It's only way to find Wats best for u

Comment

Working...
                                X