What glue is best for cue tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    I'm sure he has observed the procedure from a comfortable chair on countless occasions whilst imbibing a refreshing beverage. : )
    all good mentors do it
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

What glue is best for cue tips?

We are not worthy x

Comment

Hi montrealer, I tried the tweeten 10 minuute cement once, it was still wet after 1 hour. I suppose it needs to be left overnight to dry out.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Hi montrealer, I tried the tweeten 10 minuute cement once, it was still wet after 1 hour. I suppose it needs to be left overnight to dry out.
          Tried that stuff once, it was like using well chewed chewing gum for all the good it did in sticking a tip on.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Wow, 10 year old thread revival
            Longest I've seen.

I always use this stuff and keep it stored so it can't fall over and solidify. It's not cheap so always annoying when that happens.

http://www.wilko.com/adhesives/locti...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
              Longest I've seen.

I always use this stuff and keep it stored so it can't fall over and solidify. It's not cheap so always annoying when that happens.

http://www.wilko.com/adhesives/locti...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
              I've used this glue a lot.

As long as you apply a thin coat all over it sticks quickly and very well; if you tend to faff a bit when putting the tip in the right place then it's not for you as it doesn't take long to bite!
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Wow, 10 year old thread revival
                Better than starting a new thread.......

I have used Superglue gel for years, never had a problem. I coat both surfaces with a thin coat and let dry first then another thin coat to the ferrule and stick the tip on and hold for 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                  Better than starting a new thread.......

I have used Superglue gel for years, never had a problem. I coat both surfaces with a thin coat and let dry first then another thin coat to the ferrule and stick the tip on and hold for 30 seconds.
                  I have to hold for a minute but I count twice as fast so I guess we're the same........

I always put a thin coat which never seems enough but it has always stuck harder without seeping into the tip so much.

Comment

I recently took the loclite gel glue. Will receive it in some time. Please let me know the procedure to use it. Do I apply to both tip and ferrule and leave a few minutes before joining them or just join them without waiting a few minutes.

Comment

I recently took the loclite gel glue. Will receive it in some time. Please let me know the procedure to use it. Do I apply to both tip and ferrule and leave a few minutes before joining them or just join them without waiting a few minutes.
                      When I've used it, just join without waiting time.
                      For that one you've always wanted...
                      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                        Thanks mate.

Comment

Gorilla super glue gel seems very good to use

Comment

I just fitted a couple of tips with the loctite gel, was very easy. I apply to the ferrule and put the tip straight on, was able to start trimming the tip after a couple of min

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                              I just fitted a couple of tips with the loctite gel, was very easy. I apply to the ferrule and put the tip straight on, was able to start trimming the tip after a couple of min
                              Sounds easy to use. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                                Just don't go mad and put lots on there, just cover the surface of both with a light coat.

Comment

Working...
                                X